U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-12-2008, 10:51 AM

9,792 posts, read 28,869,891 times

Advertisements

So I recall a lot of buzz about Davis Park a while back. Most of the focus was on the location and short commute to jobs in RTP. I don't get out that way much and was curious about the progress of this development. I found one of the row houses listed on the mls today. Looks pretty cool. One thing I don't get is that it is a 1,444 sq/ft Town House with three bedrooms, yet it has 3.5 bathrooms. Seems like a lot of bathrooms for a house that size. I wonder if it is an option to just have 2.5 baths and use the extra space for storage or something.

Anybody on this forum live in Davis Park or visited it in the past? I'm curious about opinions on this place. I was thinking of going out that way soon to get some pictures.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 11:32 AM

167 posts, read 539,138 times
I haven't been, nor do I have much more information, but I think the 3.5 baths comes from the fact that each bedroom on the upper level has their own full bath, and then there's another bedroom on the lower garage level so there's probably a 3rd bathroom down there. So then that puts a powder room/half bath on the main level.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:44 AM

3,190 posts, read 7,180,484 times
I've got a couple younger guys that work with me who rent a place there. The individual baths make it nice for people with roommates. They seem to really like living there. Until the construction traffic tore up the greenway, they had an easy walk to work. (it still isn't too bad).

Old 06-12-2008, 03:47 PM

140 posts, read 600,184 times
My wife and I looked, the Townhouses were really well built. We felt they were small and expensive but the builder made up for it with some premium materials (think tile and granite everywhere) The location to work would have been key and the planned shopping/residential area + green ways are also a plus. We just couldn't get past the sticker shock. (I recall the larger units at 1800+sqf going for low $320k)

Old 06-12-2008, 03:49 PM

1,364 posts, read 5,798,398 times
Is there anything/much for sale there right now? What stage of built-ness is it? I wanted to go there and look at models, but I had read here I think that someone said "sold out" and on MLS there is only one listing.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:52 PM

1,271 posts, read 3,544,213 times
The big country radio station is giving a chance to win a 2 bdr 2 bath townhouse at Davis Park - yes that means mortgage is free for life. If you don't listen to country, you might want to start LOL. Check out their website for a free "tour" of the townhouse.

Old 06-12-2008, 03:54 PM

245 posts, read 777,075 times
Location, location, location. I've been watching this development for about 3 years now. The plan looks fantastic... things seem to be moving along slowly but that's not a shock in this market. There's not a lot of amenities (shopping, dining, etc.) right now, but I imagine in a few years or maybe a decade this development will be gorgeous and very well-situated.

I haven't looked at the website for a long time, but I recall the planners evoked Georgetown and Boston's Back Bay as their vision for what Davis Park would look like. My husband laughed, but you know, you have to start somewhere, and those are pretty good goals to have!

Old 06-12-2008, 03:59 PM

3,190 posts, read 7,180,484 times
I think they slowed things a lot when the rail plans didn't get federal funding. This place was planned to be on the rail. And I'm sure the road construction is affecting them.

Old 06-12-2008, 04:31 PM

2,407 posts, read 10,293,518 times
I think it's interesting to see the comments on Davis Park from a year ago.

//www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...reciation.html

Old 06-12-2008, 10:02 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,422,639 times
What does everyone think about the townes at keystone crossing? They are close to the Davis park area too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

>