U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2008, 07:04 PM

2 posts, read 6,351 times

Advertisements

my daughter is looking at a townhome here. we are from out of state. any feedback on construction or anything else here?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2008, 09:16 PM

12,283 posts, read 29,421,591 times
I took a client over there recently and they were offering some very good incentives.

Vicki

Old 06-14-2008, 09:44 PM

168 posts, read 306,359 times
I would do a search on Pulte. I know several people that have bought Pulte and have not been satisfied, to say the least.

Old 06-15-2008, 12:25 AM

3,934 posts, read 9,914,833 times
I have inspected several, and a friend lives there. They are what you would expect from a tract builder at that price point....reasonably well built, but nothing spectacular.

Old 06-15-2008, 03:50 AM

9,680 posts, read 24,836,554 times
I looked at their townhomes on Litchford Rd. Junk beyond belief.

Now sold out, so someone bought them.

Old 06-15-2008, 05:33 AM

1,536 posts, read 5,210,580 times
I also had a client looking at them and didn't like the noise from Glenwood and that they all backed up to each other. They did look nice inside and were giving alot of options, but if you don't like the location. Actually the location to me is great and close to everything, if only they had some lots thats were more private. They are just all on top of each other there. A few that are available now either back up to the main rd, or back up to that junk yard whatever that is in the back. They were trying to tell us that they were the best lots. un huh right. Well anyway we ended up buying in Chapel Hill.

Old 06-15-2008, 07:14 AM

1,396 posts, read 4,740,357 times
I'm an ex-Pulte owner who lived in the Merritt floorplan, which I believe is offered in Glenwood Crossing. Plus, I rented a Pulte (not sure of the name of the plan but it had no garage) prior to owning. They are your average run-of-the-mill national builder. Nothing spectacular but nothing that is going to fall apart around your feet anytime soon. In regards to Glenwood Crossing, most people I know have complained about the location.

Old 06-15-2008, 09:09 AM

Although Cornerstone Park is in the same area, less noise and more privacy. Something to consider.

My client decided against a townhouse and we bought in The Park At West Lake in South Cary. She purchased one of the homes in The Commons.

Vicki

Old 06-16-2008, 08:11 AM

65 posts, read 305,364 times
Wow, as a current homeowner in Glenwood Crossing I am surprised at the negative comments being posted. Yes, Pulte is a track builder so you're not going to get anything spectacular. But I have had 0 issues with anything so far, and I've found the team there to be very responsive and proactive. The location is great for me; I'm 15 minutes from my job in RTP and with gas being as high as it is, I am quite happy with that. The lots do back up to each other but one of the nice things about the community is that you can fence in your yard. This was a necessity for me because I have a large dog, and I wanted a fence so I could have some level of privacy. I never hear any noise from my neighbors or from Glenwood. Just the occasional plane overhead. Personally I think Pulte offered a lot of upgrades for the price, but I do agree with a previous poster that not all of the lots are that great. There are a few being built now that overlook the Bojangles, which I would not want. It is a very social neighborhood as well, which I like.

I also looked in Cornerstone Park and I don't believe they allow fences in the back of their townhomes, which ruled them out for me. I walk my dog over there sometimes, and I don't like the sewage canals that are all over that neighborhood. They didn't do a very good job of hiding those, in my opinion.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:14 AM

I have no problems with Pulte, as a homebuilder and I have sold plenty of their homes.

Pulte had issues but that was years ago.

They aren't any better nor any worse than any of the other production builders in this area.

Opinions, opinions, opinions...everyone has them!

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary