Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2007, 01:32 AM

202 posts, read 833,763 times

Advertisements

Well?? what is it like? I found a home to die for in Clayton and If could ever get into this home...I would DIE!!!! wait...how much fun would that be
Anyway...Clayton!!! Tell me Tell me..anything you know about it!! The good and the bad. I can take it
Thank You all for being so wonderfully awsome!!!

my stats-no kids.
Have dogs and getting horses when I find my piece o heaven
Medical Tech
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2007, 07:02 AM

653 posts, read 2,986,872 times
Clayton - a rapidly growing area (I believe Johnston County is the fasted growing county in the state right now) that still offers a rural, laid back lifestyle while being close enough to Raleigh to offer the amenities of the city. No kids, so schools aren't a big deal, although they can affect resale, so I always recommend that you at least take a look at the scores.

For the medical field, you'll have Johnston Memorial Hospital right there, plus a reasonable commute to WakeMed (Big Wake campus). The commute in to Raleigh can still be a little rough, if that's a possibility, you may want to drive it during rush hour.
Good luck!

Old 01-11-2007, 09:02 AM

271 posts, read 1,213,446 times
You could take the back roads into Wake County to get to Wake Medical really not a bad drive I lived in Clayton a few years as my parents bought a house just north of town in the Archers Lodge Area, Clayton is real nice, and has one of the best looking downtowns period for suburbs in the triangle. And now that they finally have a starbucks and blockbuster video it really is great. Wish they had that stuff when I lived out there. But I digress....

Hope it works out for you in C-town.

Old 01-11-2007, 09:05 AM

567 posts, read 2,141,239 times
Default clayton

Here is the link to the Clayton Newcomers & Neighbors club:

http://www.claytonnewcomers.com/

I found the people very helpful and nice. People moved in from all over! Members are couples and singles from all over town.

Clayton has 3 sections, I think. The western part is the 40/42 area, named for the intersection of Rte. 42 and I-40. Easy access to the highway, restaurants, gas stations and some other small businesses. Then you have the downtown area with the Main St. and surrounding areas. The Coffee Mill is a nice little coffee shop if you are downtown! Then there's East Clayton. It is more rural and quiet. The big Caterpillar facility, Talecris and a Bayer Crop Science area are out there. Route 70 is the major "thoroughfare" through Clayton and there are several grocery stores, fast food restaurants and other restaurants and stores on 70.

We used to live in East Clayton because we liked the setting out there. We were seeking privacy and a bigger lot and we got it!

I found a lot of professional people in Clayton. Most commute to Raleigh for work, though some are lucky enough to go East and work in Smithfield, Goldsboro or Selma. There are a good amount of retirees as well.

Are you seeking a newer home or an older home? You probably need a decent sized lot for horses so you are probably looking at an established home.

PM me if you need more info!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary