U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 01-11-2007, 08:59 AM
 
Location: Cary, NC
101 posts, read 536,185 times
Reputation: 87

Advertisements

Just for fun--just wondering who prefer's which one?

I had alway been a Ruth's Chris fan from NJ/NYC but DH and I just went to Sullivan's and yum!!!! Very good also!

Taryn
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-11-2007, 09:04 AM
 
Location: Raleigh, NC
271 posts, read 1,138,756 times
Reputation: 63
Sullivans has a great "different" type of atmosphere so I say Sullivans. It is good. I also heard that "JK's" is excellent up in North Hills.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2007, 09:06 AM
 
9,647 posts, read 27,849,232 times
Reputation: 9926
You may also want to check out the Angus Barn and Prime Only. They are a bit too expensive for my budget, but I hear they are both excellent.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2007, 09:56 AM
 
Location: Wake Forest
3,124 posts, read 11,900,617 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
You may also want to check out the Angus Barn and Prime Only. They are a bit too expensive for my budget, but I hear they are both excellent.
Angus Barn simply rocks. It is where our family goes to celebrate all big events. Their "Iron" Chef Walter Royal is a wonderful gentleman as well.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2007, 10:16 AM
 
1,531 posts, read 6,975,847 times
Reputation: 492
Angus Barn is overrated in my book....only one step away from chain food in quality...Sullivan's has the edge I think.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2007, 10:58 AM
 
Location: Wake Forest
3,124 posts, read 11,900,617 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaleighRob View Post
Angus Barn is overrated in my book....only one step away from chain food in quality...Sullivan's has the edge I think.
I really find that hard to believe, it's not the most 'artsy' of food...but it's not chain level....and it's a steak house - peeple go there expecting the basics....but I've never been to a Sullivan's so I can't compare the two (to be honest, I figured they were just another 'Outback-like' chain and Outbacks, while fine in their place, are a dime a dozen.)
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2007, 11:46 AM
 
Location: Wake Forest
2,834 posts, read 11,252,508 times
Reputation: 1054
Interestingly enough we just had this debate on a triangle parent forum that I am on......and sullivan's won hands down. People felt ruth's cris was overpriced for what they received and that the steaks at sullivan's were better than angus barn.

I have no opinion! Just stating what I read............

Leigh
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2007, 12:46 PM
 
Location: Wake Forest
3,124 posts, read 11,900,617 times
Reputation: 729
Quote:
Originally Posted by leighbhe View Post
Interestingly enough we just had this debate on a triangle parent forum that I am on......and sullivan's won hands down. People felt ruth's cris was overpriced for what they received and that the steaks at sullivan's were better than angus barn.

I have no opinion! Just stating what I read............

Leigh
The more I hear, the more I am going to have to try it.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2007, 03:05 PM
 
Location: Cary NC
553 posts, read 2,177,125 times
Reputation: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taryn View Post
Just for fun--just wondering who prefer's which one?

I had alway been a Ruth's Chris fan from NJ/NYC but DH and I just went to Sullivan's and yum!!!! Very good also!

Taryn
I love Ruth's Chris. I will have to try Sullivan's!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-11-2007, 05:40 PM
 
Location: Raleigh, North Carolina
607 posts, read 2,289,929 times
Reputation: 195
Default Iron Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desdemona123 View Post
Angus Barn simply rocks. It is where our family goes to celebrate all big events. Their "Iron" Chef Walter Royal is a wonderful gentleman as well.
That is one of my first stops is to Angus Barn. When I saw him on Iron Chef, he seemed such a serene soul. I just loved him, and his cooking and the way he handled his staff with such respect. He is my new idol.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top