Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-18-2008, 08:48 AM

27 posts, read 237,545 times

Advertisements

Hello. My husband and I are preparing to relocate to the Raleigh area on short notice due to a job transfer. We may not be able to visit in advance, so we are faced with the possibility of choosing a rental home long distance. I have one address so far. Can anyone offer some insight to the area?

1209 Trinity Rd, Raleigh, NC 27607

Our primary concerns are safety and area upkeep. We would like a place where we can take long walks with our dogs (streets, paths, nearby parks, etc).

Thank you so much for your help! I'm sure I will be back with a few more.

Last edited by bronwen.wallace; 06-18-2008 at 09:43 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 10:25 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,831 times
I don't get by that way on a regular basis anymore, but used to drive by there a lot and go by there during football season.

Looks like the home it is very close to the intersection with Chapel Hill Road (54). There may be traffic concerns, especially on (football) game days and during the State Fair (and when those two collide).

There is access to Umstead State Park close by. There used to be parking on the side of the road, but I've heard there are now No Parking signs up, which is a shame. But Umstead is very nice, one of my favorite things about the Triangle. There is a greenway that starts from the Umstead entrance and goes through the Museum of Art and over to Meredith College that is very nice. Along the way is Schenk (sp?) Forest, which is another nice place to walk the dog.

You may want to look into Gobdold Park in Cary which has a nice dog park. You have to show proof of vacination and pay a yearly fee to use. I'm just not sure if non-Cary residents can do that.

Old 06-18-2008, 10:56 AM

43 posts, read 200,500 times
I think that's a nice, safe area. It's not too congested and you can get to food, shopping, major highways, etc. very easily.

Unfortunately the Schenk Forest no longer allows dogs, even though it's a great place to walk. Umstead is a great park.

Like the above poster said, you will have some State football and fair traffic a few times, but that wouldn't deter me from moving to that area.

Good luck with your search!

Old 06-18-2008, 10:59 AM

3,395 posts, read 7,767,831 times
Thanks for correcting me about Schenk and dogs.

Old 06-18-2008, 01:50 PM

27 posts, read 237,545 times
This is great feedback - thank you so much! Exactly the kind of information I was looking for.

Old 06-18-2008, 08:22 PM

261 posts, read 1,216,488 times
Default I know that house!

Bronwen,

I live 3/10th of a mile from that house and pass it everyday. The area is ultra convenient and very safe. That house is on a large lot and is next to a very tidy house on a large lot. The drawback in the location of that house is that it is almost right at the intersection of Chapel Hill Rd. and Trinity. Chapel Hill Rd. is always busy, and Trinity gets busy with morning and afternoon work traffic. There is a office buildings across the street which isn't very busy so would be an okay neighbor I guess.

You can walk through the adjacent neighborhoods when you want to stroll, and the dog park isn't far away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary