Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 01:17 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times

Advertisements

The organic produce at Harris Teeter is sucktastic. In fact, most of the produce at Harris Teeter is pretty sucky (though I've noticed it varies a lot by store location).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2008, 07:00 PM

920 posts, read 2,812,577 times
I shopped at the Raleigh Whole Foods today for the first time (I just moved here). It sure was crowded, but no one was getting aggressive with their carts or rude with anyone -- a nice change from Portland.

As I was standing in line, I talked with a woman who told me one is supposed to come to North Raleigh. When she said that people were talking about it on the internet, I thought of City-Data and wondered if she's "one of us." I didn't have time to ask her, though, because she got caught up in the moving crowd.

It would be nice to have a less cramped Whole Paycheck, but next time I won't go at 5:30 on a Friday.

Old 08-08-2008, 07:24 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,561,845 times
I was at whole foods in Cary today for lunch and love the salad bar. I also always take home they're chicken salad. Love It

Old 08-09-2008, 12:15 AM

2,932 posts, read 7,820,952 times
Man I'm crossing my fingers this doesn't fall through!

Old 08-31-2008, 02:28 PM

Quote:
It's official, Whole Foods fans. The gourmet grocer has signed on to anchor a proposed shopping center in North Raleigh near the intersection of Six Forks and Strickland roads.
In recent weeks, more than 2,000 people signed an online petition at www.bringwholefoods.org urging Whole Foods to sign the lease. Now the 40,000-square-foot store is one step closer.
But the developers must still get rezoning permission from the city and site plan approval. If things move quickly, the Whole Foods could open in 2010.
I just read this on the News and Observer website. I love Sue Stock...she always keeps us up to date

newsobserver.com | Tailgaters trump tomatoes (http://www.newsobserver.com/news/story/1199994.html - broken link)

Old 09-02-2008, 07:29 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
The folks at BringWholeFood.org are serious about making sure Whole Foods comes to this location! Here is an email I recieved from them just the other day!

"THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OF BringWholeFoods.org!

We are proud to announce that Whole Foods has signed a lease to come to North Raleigh! Now it's up to US to get the Whole Foods project rezoning approved by the City.

We can't do this without overwhelming support from those who want Whole Foods. Don't risk letting a vocal minority take away our right to have a Whole Foods in our neighborhood.

The first important public meeting is the Citizen's Advisory Council - North on Thursday, September 4 @ 7:00 PM. It will be held at the Millbrook Exchange Park, 1905 Spring Forest Road. This is a voting meeting so physical attendance by supporters is the only way to be heard!

Starting at 5:30 PM, before the North CAC meeting, Whole Foods and Regency Centers will host a"meet and greet" for supporters. We will meet at an outdoor public area adjacent to the Community Center, which will be well-marked. Snacks and refreshments will be provided by Whole Foods.

Also, please check out the ALL NEW BringWholeFood.org to show your support by e-mailing your Raleigh City Council Member, to "Refer-A-Friend" to join the online petition, and to get more information about the project.
Thank you so much for your support and we look forward to seeing you and your friends onSeptember 4th!"

Old 09-04-2008, 07:37 PM

I went to the CAC meeting tonight. What a mess. While tonight's meeting did include a presentation from the developer bringing Whole Foods to this area, there was no vote scheduled to take place tonight. Unfortunately there were a lot of people there tonight who received the same email I did (shown in my previous post) and they too thought tonight was the night to cast their vote for this project. They were clearly upset by this. There were over 100 people at this meeting in a tightly packed small room. Not a comfortable situation!

While I commend the developer and the people behind bringwholefood.org for organizing citizens, they need to do a better job fact checking their information before the send it out to rally the public so they can avoid the confusion that transpired tonight.

It was quite a scene!

Old 09-04-2008, 10:17 PM

Hahaha poor rich folks. They'll get they're way though...no worries.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:37 PM

7,140 posts, read 4,735,089 times
It's official. We will have a Whole Foods near Six Forks & Strickand in 2010.

newsobserver.com | Whole Foods signs lease (http://www.newsobserver.com/nrn/story/1204179.html - broken link)

From "North Raleigh News."
best,
toodie

Old 09-05-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toodie View Post
It's official. We will have a Whole Foods near Six Forks & Strickand in 2010.

newsobserver.com | Whole Foods signs lease (http://www.newsobserver.com/nrn/story/1204179.html - broken link)

From "North Raleigh News."
best,
toodie
Actually, they still need approval to rezone the area before they can move forward. That is what tonight's meeting was about (The rezoning petition).

I'm fairly confident that this will happen, but it isn't "official" until the City's Planning Commission approves the rezoning request in November.

The people against the rezoning need to realize that this land is already zoned for a use that would allow office buildings so it will be developed one way or the other. They just need to decide if they want another office building on Six forks Road or do they want a Whole Foods grocery store instead? To me the answer should be obvious!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary