Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-24-2008, 09:28 AM

27 posts, read 48,369 times

Advertisements

there are some houses (like the Avallon by drees, ranges 500k-600k) in raleigh area.
they look beautiful inside and out. however, there are literally no yard at all for these houses (0.13 acre)

while i have no problem to live in these houses, i am wondering about the potential resale issue down the road.

what do you think about this European style villa house? are they going to be more popular soon in ths area like what the onsite agent claims?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-24-2008, 09:49 AM

261 posts, read 1,216,975 times
Default Avallon is a "City Living" type community....

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcary View Post
there are some houses (like the Avallon by drees, ranges 500k-600k) in raleigh area.
they look beautiful inside and out. however, there are literally no yard at all for these houses (0.13 acre)

while i have no problem to live in these houses, i am wondering about the potential resale issue down the road.

what do you think about this European style villa house? are they going to be more popular soon in ths area like what the onsite agent claims?
Avallon is a "City Living" type community. Instead of living in attached housing like a townhome, this community offers detached homes with maintained yards, in a prime location. This type of living appeals to a segment of the buying population - singles, empty nesters, professionals with busy life styles, etc. Folks who don't want or need big yards or the upkeep. Not everyone wants to live in attached, multi-family housing so this is a great solution.

I work for a different builder, but I do see rising interest in this type of housing. There is definitely a demand for quality built homes that are 2500-3100 sq.ft., well appointed, located close as possible to everything, and some one else is keeping up the yard.

Old 06-24-2008, 09:52 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,697,150 times
Another advantage is that everyone's yard will be maintained. After living in a new neighborhood in Cary, that was our biggest complaint--half our neighbors didn't keep up their yard and we got many comments about the neighborhood when we were selling.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:10 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,504,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdtcary View Post

I think it will. We have 2 acres, but I can see the appeal. Not b/c of any of the reasons mentioned though. I am tired of the suburban thing...I'd rather be out there, outside, with the neighbors. The old "front porch" type of living. You get some of the benefits of city living (neighbors who all know each other well and all stop to talk...) without a lot of the downside. This type of setting is sprouting up all over the country. The first time I saw something like it, I was appalled but now I have come around to seeing the benefits.

Old 06-24-2008, 11:59 AM

1,489 posts, read 5,694,803 times
I think that neighborhood has been very succesful already, and the homes are beautiful. It's a great location, and more people are looking at being closer to the downtown areas.

Old 06-24-2008, 12:10 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,694,803 times
Hey I thought you might be interested, I just got an email from someone at Drees about a new promotion offering a free media room, top of the line chef's kitchen, or a free finished basement.

Old 06-24-2008, 01:45 PM

27 posts, read 48,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coltank View Post
Hey I thought you might be interested, I just got an email from someone at Drees about a new promotion offering a free media room, top of the line chef's kitchen, or a free finished basement.
Thanks for the info. i will keep that in mind.
Are there any other similar communities around?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary