Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-27-2008, 05:01 PM

847 posts, read 3,515,427 times

Advertisements

There are several off Chapel Hill Blvd in Durham, down near the University Dr. intersection.

There are also a few on Main St. in Carrboro, one near the intersection with Weaver St. and one farther down near the gym.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 05:49 PM

655 posts, read 911,655 times
If you have enough patience to monitor craigslist by the hour on the hour, you can catch some great buys on that site. You have to be diligent and be constantly monitoring it, or others will grab the real finds before you can.

Old 06-27-2008, 05:53 PM

847 posts, read 3,515,427 times
I noticed they have an RSS feed now, if you want to be even more on top of new listings.

Old 06-27-2008, 07:10 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,731,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welovedurham View Post
There are several off Chapel Hill Blvd in Durham, down near the University Dr. intersection.

Classic Treasures is one of those in Durham off Chapel Hill Blvd. This is my favorite thus far in Durham. And the owners are super nice and there is usually an old dog sleeping on it's bed behind the counter. Love that!!!
My kids love the place, because they have a fun play area to entertain them while I browse. This is probably why it's my favorite.

I haven't seen much mid-century stuff here.... certainly not the amount that Father and Son's has. But occassionally I see a piece here or there.

Old 07-25-2008, 04:03 PM

2 posts, read 7,385 times
Default Vintage Furniture

You should definitely try Portobello Road in Brightleaf Square, Durham. They have awesome stuff and quite a bit of mid century furniture. Check back often or speak with the owner, Kippy Perkins and let her know what you are looking for. Good luck

Old 07-25-2008, 05:19 PM

115 posts, read 394,837 times
We've had good luck at the fairgrounds for a couple of things, but it's hit and miss. The nicer shops inside are well-stocked but much pricier. There is less selection with the vendors outside, but we've had some really good finds out there on a couple of occasions. We got a set of 6 really nice dining chairs for $75. Batting, fabric, and about an hour spent recovering the seats, and we had a really nice set of chair for about $125-130. You can find all sorts of stuff there...from beautifully restored pieces to dusty old antiques that need refinishing. Again, hit and miss.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:31 PM

2 posts, read 7,385 times
Thumbs up Portobello Road, Durham, NC for vintage furniture

Portobello Road in historic Brightleaf Square, downtown Durham is great. Not only do they have tons of vintage stuff, they give you ideas on how to redo and repurpose what you already have. It is definitely worth a look. Their web site is portobelloroadnc.com. There is also a really cool vintage store next to it called Dolly's Vintage, dollysvintage.com.

Old 08-23-2008, 12:49 PM

8 posts, read 18,584 times
Thanks everyone! Since moving here I've been all over town and picked up some very cool stuff at Father and Sons, the Purple Armchair and Portobello Road. Thanks for the recommendations!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary