Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2008, 05:25 PM

210 posts, read 748,957 times

Advertisements

Noticed the nice, large lots. What kind of opinions do you all have? How many houses in this section? Seems like a lot for sale...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2008, 08:34 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,840,583 times
Nice s/d...test for radon if you buy there. Wakefield area in general (wake forest, rolesville, N. Raleigh)has solid odds of a high level reading. No real big deal to cure it, just want to be aware. Even if you don't care about the radon level, the next buyer of your house might then it falls on you to fix it at roughly $1500.
Aside from that, as an inspector, no complaints. I would say better than average homes there and the area is in demand.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:54 AM

1,007 posts, read 5,664,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiatorSprings View Post
Noticed the nice, large lots. What kind of opinions do you all have? How many houses in this section? Seems like a lot for sale...
Very nice area. It's close to Falls Lake and I like that it is in it's own section from the other parts of Wakefield. Started in early 1990s (I think). Not sure how many homes in this part of the development as they seem to keep adding them. Homes in this price range always take longer to sell so that is probably why you see more for sale. As far as radon is concerned from the op post, I've seen it cost up to 7K - depending on size of home.

Old 06-28-2008, 05:59 AM

2,835 posts, read 7,342,526 times
Nice big lots and homes and a matching price scale. IMO very nice community and I think there is no more for sale than in any other subdivision. Homes start at over million dollars so they are moving slower than say the over $200K homes. What makes it nice IMO is that the larger lots are separated on the West side of Falls of Nuese Road so the community has its own feel from the main Wakefield Plantation subdivision. Plus your still in Raleigh. Taxes on those homes are over $5k per year if that is something that is important to you.

Old 06-28-2008, 06:11 AM

4,265 posts, read 11,423,346 times
Wow!!! I just looked up this area on FM Realty...homes $1 million - $3 million. What do people do in 6,000 - 12,000 sf ??? Holy shmoly. I have roughly 2300 sf and it seems big for the two of us!! I saw that some of them had huge home theaters, basketball courts etc. Who lives there???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary