Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2008, 10:15 PM

76 posts, read 209,921 times

Advertisements

Still considering moving to Raleigh from Austin.

So if I do, I need an apartment. My parents live in Willow Springs and I will be attending NCSU. I want somewhere kinda in the middle of that (if it's even possible). Any suggestions?

I have a ton of experience in retail. I currently work in an high end electronics store but don't have to stick with that. How is the job situation in Raleigh?

Thanks for any advice you have!
If you want specifics, feel free to email me and we can talk there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2008, 12:17 AM

305 posts, read 713,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irr3l3vant View Post

So if I do, I need an apartment. My parents live in Willow Springs and I will be attending NCSU. I want somewhere kinda in the middle of that (if it's even possible). Any suggestions?
Clayton...or maybe Garner (many more apartments in Garner).

Quote:
How is the job situation in Raleigh?
Not too good, even in retail. Times are obviously getting tough all over and unfortunately, Raleigh is no exception. Definitely do NOT move here without first having a job!

Old 06-29-2008, 12:18 AM

[quote=James Taylor;4270477]
Quote:

Clayton...or maybe Garner.

Not too good, even in retail. Times are obviously getting tough all over and unfortunately, Raleigh is no exception. Definitely do NOT move here without first having a job!
Well, if need be, I could live with the parental units for awhile.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:46 AM

30 posts, read 28,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irr3l3vant View Post

I have a ton of experience in retail. I currently work in an high end electronics store but don't have to stick with that. How is the job situation in Raleigh?

Thanks for any advice you have!

Retail is extremely strong here. It would be a great way to get yourself settled in and then decide if you would like to do anything else. Just about every retail store is hiring.

Old 06-29-2008, 07:48 AM

43,285 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerrang View Post
Retail is extremely strong here. It would be a great way to get yourself settled in and then decide if you would like to do anything else. Just about every retail store is hiring.
If you have the ability to engage customers and express the features and benefits of a product, and impress the customer with your openness and service skills in a friendly manner, nearly any retail operation will find a place for you.

Old 06-29-2008, 08:00 AM

30 posts, read 28,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
If you have the ability to engage customers and express the features and benefits of a product, and impress the customer with your openness and service skills in a friendly manner, nearly any retail operation will find a place for you.

Very good point, Mike. I think irr3l3vant would do extremely well here, given all the opportunities around and his experience. It's always in what you make it. Think positive and move forward.

Old 07-01-2008, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerrang View Post
Very good point, Mike. I think irr3l3vant would do extremely well here, given all the opportunities around and his experience. It's always in what you make it. Think positive and move forward.
Actually, I'm a her
But thanks for the advice.

Old 07-01-2008, 12:37 PM

10 posts, read 21,722 times
Sorry, I don't have any recommendations... but wanted to say HI... because we will be moving to the Raleigh area in September and we currently (well for the past 13 years) have lived in Austin.

Old 07-01-2008, 04:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poontater View Post
Sorry, I don't have any recommendations... but wanted to say HI... because we will be moving to the Raleigh area in September and we currently (well for the past 13 years) have lived in Austin.
Awesome.
Like I said somewhere up there, my parents moved from Austin to Raleigh about a year and a half ago. They seem to like it. If I move, it'll be due to lack of anything or anyone holding me to Austin and to go to school.
Hope you enjoy it! It's a lot slower than Austin from what I gather.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary