Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-03-2008, 10:04 AM

62 posts, read 151,820 times

Advertisements

Hey Guys!

I was hoping you all could help me with Rolesville. We are still in the process of choosing an area. We have heard from a friend that Rolesville (Granite Falls) is beautiful and we should consider going there. (Right now we are considering Clayton but nothing definite just yet). The homes in Rolesville are gorgeous. We've been looking at them for months now and the prices are dropping like crazy. One house we really like (in Terrell Plantation) dropped nearly $50k. This seems great but also makes us wonder 'what's wrong with these homes'. We are also concerned about the schools. We looked them up on GreatSchools.net and they seem great on paper but are they restructuring them like they are in a lot of Wake County? We have 3 little ones and really don't want them switching schools or all going to different schools because of the over-growth etc.

Any info on this area would be great. Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2008, 06:14 AM

Bump

Old 07-05-2008, 09:10 AM

2,834 posts, read 12,038,646 times
Hi

I live in wake forest, and I am about 20 minutes from that area of rolesville. That area is closer to the heritage side of wake forest, rogers road. Those neighborhoods (granite falls and terrell) are about 10 minutes from heritage (with grocery stores and restaurants) plus the factory (indoor soccer, ice skating, etc) in wake forest. I have been through both neighborhoods and they are very very nice! I know granite falls is in the process of building a huge indoor/outdoor pool facility. There will be an indoor pool, gym, kids zone, and an outdoor pool with lazy river, splash area, etc The facility will be free to join for granite falls residents and 50 a month for membership. I know all of this because I want to join as an outside membership! Anyhow, I believe granite falls will end up bigger than terrell plantation.

As to why the prices are dropping, well, there are a couple of reasons probably. first, the market is a little soft here, it is not terrible like other parts of the country (as we did not have the huge inflated prices to begin with) but houses are sitting longer. When you have a new neighborhood, builders will only build a certain number of "spec" houses to sell and they will not build any more until the specs sell. My guess is the builders want to continue building, so they are trying to sell the specs. Generally, you can get a better deal on a spec house than having your house built, in that the builder is ready to get rid of it and move on to another house.

That part of the rolesville area is definitely up and coming. There is a great park there, and more business are coming. It is a small town, but close enough to wake forest that the drive would not be bad at all. The elementary school is newly built (sanford creek, which is year round I believe), and the middle and high school are wake forest. I think that rolesville is also going to build their own middle school, but that is the just the rumors I have heard!

Hope this helps. I really do like both communities and I think once you come and visit you will be better able to decide between clayton and rolesville.

Leigh

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsalerno View Post
Hey Guys!

I was hoping you all could help me with Rolesville. We are still in the process of choosing an area. We have heard from a friend that Rolesville (Granite Falls) is beautiful and we should consider going there. (Right now we are considering Clayton but nothing definite just yet). The homes in Rolesville are gorgeous. We've been looking at them for months now and the prices are dropping like crazy. One house we really like (in Terrell Plantation) dropped nearly $50k. This seems great but also makes us wonder 'what's wrong with these homes'. We are also concerned about the schools. We looked them up on GreatSchools.net and they seem great on paper but are they restructuring them like they are in a lot of Wake County? We have 3 little ones and really don't want them switching schools or all going to different schools because of the over-growth etc.

Any info on this area would be great. Thanks!!

Old 07-05-2008, 12:59 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,706,383 times
You might do a search here for Rolesville. There have been other questions like yours, with lots of good informaiton coming in the responses.

Rolesville is a lovely, charming town. I'd live there in a heartbeat. Lots of community "family" events.

Old 07-06-2008, 11:07 AM

Thank You so much! That indoor/outdoor waterpark sounds like something great!

Old 07-06-2008, 07:03 PM

79 posts, read 227,090 times
My mother and father-in-law have lived in Rolesville for around 4 years and love it, they came from Raleigh. I have heard nothing but great things about the elementary school and they are building a new middle school on Burlington Mill. We live in Wake Forest but get over to Rolesville a lot because of family we think both areas are great.

Old 07-07-2008, 06:23 AM

488 posts, read 1,555,507 times
Rolesville is a great little town. We live in Heritage but go to Rolesville to play at the park, to enjoy their fireworks, take in their movies on the lawn, and buy furniture at their great little furniture shop.

I think the price drop is just a sign of the market.

PS---They are building a new MS....not just a rumor. It will be at 401 and Burlington Mills and looks like it will be a big and beautiful campus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary