Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2007, 02:15 PM

2 posts, read 11,612 times

Advertisements

My wife is a pediatrician and I'm in tech. We both currently live in Salt Lake City and are currently investigating a move to the triangle area due to slow pace and lack of culture in SLC. While I believe I can find work pretty easily, my wife is having a harder time. Finding a hiring hospital or group has been tough, probably due to the time of year, and also, since pediatrics is so specialized and the field appears crowded as it is, there may not be a lot of opportunity since everyone else finds it cool to live in the triangle area as well.

My questions are: 1) What are the major pediatric/doctor groups to apply and look for work in the area and 2) who would be a good resource to contact, aka, a hiring firm in the area, a recruiter, etc.

We think the area is pretty cool and will be flying in soon to investigate. Thanks for anyone's help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2007, 02:56 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,031,410 times
I am basing this answer as a mom who has had to find pediatricians......so, it seems that each town in and around raleigh has their own large group. So it is hard to say the few large pediatric practices, because there are tons of them. I have a friend who is a family practice doc in wake forest (where I live - north of raleigh) and she is in the process of opening up her own practice. I would be happy to give your information to her and she may be able to answer questions.
PM me if you would like for me to give her your email, etc. She moved here almost 2 years ago from chicago, so she can probably give you some perspective on the whole thing.

Hope this helps
Leigh

Old 01-15-2007, 03:45 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,236,574 times
With all the growth we are having in this area and all the families with kids that are coming here...I would we are going to need a ton of pediatricians and pediodontists as the area grows!

I'd suggest just looking in the yellow pages and send resumes out! But then...thats just MY 2 cents worth...again!

Vicki

Old 01-15-2007, 07:12 PM

823 posts, read 3,922,015 times
One thing that might make pediatrics employment in the Triangle more competitive is that there are two medical schools here: Duke and UNC. You might investigate some of the outlying counties. A commute out of the Triangle might not be bad.

Old 03-22-2007, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 3,474 times
Default Slc

SLC - if you're still looking to relo here, I can recommend Raleigh Children, Western Wake Ped, and Schmidt & Catchings for your wife to check out....(and Growing Child -our kids docs) They are all customers and good people. You are welcome to check out our company for yourself - we are always looking for good techs (Exceptional IT Services). Good luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary