Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2007, 09:52 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,663,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamieshel88 View Post
My teen is more of a ring ding kid than devil dogs but still can't get those here. I have been buying mystic pizza at BJ's and I actually think it is better than Ellios. I haven't noticed the lack of Pastene tomatoes.
Ring Dings are indeed hard to find down here I am told. My daughter's friend from Long Island has been on a quest for 2 years. Anytime her family from back north visits they bring boxes down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2007, 09:56 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,663,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyguys View Post
Where do you get the Pastene tomaotes? My kids miss Devil Dogs too as well as FLUFF!!!

I, myself miss good pizza, chinese food and roast beef sandwiches.
You can buy Fluff is almost any store....Kroger, HT, Lowes.....it's normally in the baking aisle.

The other Drake items you can buy online....as I know other folks that haven't been able to find Ring Dings.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:08 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,384,181 times
Not a Ring Ding or Devil Dog person myself so I won't miss them but I was just curious what the Southerners have in the bread/baked goods aisle in their place.

Old 04-04-2007, 10:42 AM

237 posts, read 1,029,249 times
Is it the REAL fluff or marshamallow cream? Real Fluff is made in Lynn, MA and I was under the impression it was only shipped locally. I never see Devil Dogs in the HT, Lowes or FL near me in Holly Springs.

Where do you find Pastene kitchen ready tomatoes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedevilz View Post
Not sure where you guys are shopping, but I see Devil Dogs, Fluff and the like all the time in stores down here.

My kids prefer Peanut butter and fluff over jelly and I've never had a problem finding it in Harris Teeter, Lowes, Kroger.....anywhere

Old 04-04-2007, 11:14 AM

5,644 posts, read 13,220,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyguys View Post
Is it the REAL fluff or marshamallow cream? Real Fluff is made in Lynn, MA and I was under the impression it was only shipped locally. I never see Devil Dogs in the HT, Lowes or FL near me in Holly Springs.

Where do you find Pastene kitchen ready tomatoes?

No, its definitely Fluff not generic marshmallow creme. In Harris Teeter in Chapel Hill it is typically in the peanut butter aisle

You may be right on the Devil Dogs, in retrospect, I was thinking more of Hostess cakes which I do see in the store all the time, Drakes may not be down here....don't buy either so not sure

Old 04-04-2007, 11:26 AM

12 posts, read 39,139 times
Might want to look at Hillsborough too. We're moving from Newton, MA in July and wanted something with a bit more character and history than the 'burbs of Cary. Hillsborough reminded us of some of the smaller towns out side of 495 and in Southern NH. And it's only minutes to downtown Durham and the Duke medical facilities and has a true town center with restaurants/shops/bank/etc.

Old 04-04-2007, 12:46 PM

17 posts, read 57,301 times
which small towns outside of 495 were you referring to??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary