Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 05:53 PM

11 posts, read 28,081 times

Advertisements

Well, we are finally here in beautiful Cary, and even brought some cool weather from Michigan for you all to enjoy.
I need a little help with my house search. I am looking to find some subdivisions in North Raleigh - I understand that they have the best schools. I am looking to spend under 300K, would like 3+ bedrooms, and would love a pool and a playground, if possible.
Could someone suggest some communities - with street names, please? My GPS cannot handle subdivision names. Thanks a lot.
Got to get to the pool now!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 07:45 PM

551 posts, read 575,476 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toocoldinmichigan View Post
Well, we are finally here in beautiful Cary, and even brought some cool weather from Michigan for you all to enjoy.
I need a little help with my house search. I am looking to find some subdivisions in North Raleigh - I understand that they have the best schools. I am looking to spend under 300K, would like 3+ bedrooms, and would love a pool and a playground, if possible.
Could someone suggest some communities - with street names, please? My GPS cannot handle subdivision names. Thanks a lot.

Do you know what you just did by saying that North Raleigh has the best schools. It's like pulling your finger out of the hole in the damn and then the entire lake comes rushing through. The "who has the best schools" debate has been a hot topic here and I don't think that North Raleigh has a lock on it. I am sure you are about to get many different opinions firing in here shortly. The good things is there will be many homes for you within your price range.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:58 PM

338 posts, read 1,619,839 times
Try Durant Trace (DURANT TRACE (http://www.duranttrace.org/index.php - broken link)) or Durant Trails (phpWebSite).

Near intersection of Falls of the Neuse and Durant Rd. Street names are those such as Cub Trl, Hiking Trl, Diamond Hitch Trl, Dahlgreen Rd.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:58 PM

746 posts, read 2,247,949 times
try wake forest - go to capital blvd from 440 or 540 and then drive north; the intersection of main st (1A and 1) is a crossroads of sorts - go left and you are in WakeField (homes range from the 200s to the ManyMillions) take a right and you are in Wake Forest; head down main street and take a right on Rogers Rd and then left at the Harris Teeter/WalGreens - that's Heritage. Prices range from the 200s to the ManyMillions again - lots of open space, lots of ammenities, tiny lots, good resale value. You could also head down Ligon Mill Road to Porto Fino (across from the fire station), Smith Creek (White Carriage or Buggy Whip), Margots Pond (Margots Ave), Whipoorwill Valley, Deer Chase, or Caddell Woods.

In Wake county, it doesn't matter where you live - it's a county thing - sort of ... it's a massive PITA as the pp suggested, find the right house and the rest will follow.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:08 AM

188 posts, read 748,471 times
You may want to try Thorpshire Drive and the adjacent streets. Some nice houses are for sale in that area just outside of the North ridge neighborhood. Depending on which end of the street, the prices may exceed $300K.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:28 AM

8,583 posts, read 16,012,248 times
I second Durant Trails.
Lovely neighborhood,great schools, shopping close, nice greenway trail runs through it, some 300ish houses,nice neighborhood pool. Wish I had moved there.
Crosswinds off Sawmill Rd is a nice neighorhood but houses are more expensive there
than 300.

Why don't you let a realtor help you? Sellers pay the commision and you get
expert help.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:31 AM

98 posts, read 301,778 times
Check Harrington Grove-Leesville Schools. A little bit of plane noise but to each their own.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:42 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Shannon Woods/Stonebridge off Bailiwick Rd: Look for Chander (not Chandler) or Brookfield on a map and the streets off of there. On a map of Raleigh, it's "high noon".

Old 07-02-2008, 08:30 PM

3,644 posts, read 8,580,857 times
Quote:
I am looking to spend under 300K
Quote:
would like 3+ bedrooms
Quote:
would love a pool and a playground
Wow. I don't even know what to recommend in N. Raleigh. I have to agree with the other recommendation of Wake Forest. Or you might look into Bedford although I'd "test the waters" first since Bedford folks seem to be a different breed IMO.

Old 07-02-2008, 08:59 PM

43,292 posts, read 77,115,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by toocoldinmichigan View Post
GPS yourself to:

1. Dominion Blvd. 27617 Several homes in Dominion Park For Sale. Community Pool

2. N Hawthorne Way, 27617 Community Pool

3. Acres Way, Banbury Woods. Pool

4. Country Trail, 27613 Cornerstone Park Pool

5. Hiking Trail, 27615 Durant Trails Pool

Have fun!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary