U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 12:48 PM

551 posts, read 525,967 times

Advertisements

It is now official. "Bradford" will be coming to Cary at the intersection of High House Road & Davis Drive. It is going to be four stories high, with concealed interior parking garage and will look like Raleigh's North Hills development. There was some controversy on this project in the past, but plans were reduced to make it fit better. What do you think about this development? Do you like North Hills and will a similar development work in that section of Cary?

Home
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2008, 01:04 PM

4,195 posts, read 10,793,667 times
I live in Stone Creek Village and am looking forward to this. I love living in a "mixed use" environment which enables us to walk to the grocery store, several shops and restaurants. The new development (guess it is going to be called "Bradford") will be within walking distance for us. There are plans for a bookstore, eateries, shops etc as well as residential. As I've said before, I feel that this area around High House and Davis will become the hub of West Cary.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:10 PM

Do you know what bookstore and what eateries?

Old 07-04-2008, 01:56 PM

1,832 posts, read 4,894,361 times
Default Looove it!

I love North Hills--if they do it with the same taste and feel I think it will be nice--plus it's only 2.5 miles from me and I can definitely use shopping like that near me. Is there going to be a grocery store there?

Old 07-04-2008, 02:31 PM

4,195 posts, read 10,793,667 times
I don't think any specific stores have been made public as yet. If anyone knows more, please let us know! As far as a grocery store....I would doubt it as there are 2 within a block - Harris Teeter in Stone Creek and Lowe's across the street in Cornerstone.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:15 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,475,978 times
I thought someone was doing the same with Waverly place off of Tryon. That would be a great place for them to build it I think. The guy doing it is named Zapolski.

Zapolski (broken link)

from the website
Quote:
In Winter 2009, the Triangle’s newest destination will arrive, as Waverly brings 220,000 SF of upscale shopping and dining, 320 luxury residences, and 110,000 SF of Class AA office space to the intersection of Kildaire Farm Road and Tryon Road. Waverly will feature the largest Whole Foods NC flagship store as well as many other retail options. The site is ideally situated at the nexus of some of the major arterials to the steadily growing Triangle Area.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:47 PM

5,611 posts, read 16,767,491 times
Looks exactly like the Shops At Legacy back in Plano TX

The Shops at Legacy

Or Addison Circle in Addison TX.

Old 07-04-2008, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JQ Public View Post
I thought someone was doing the same with Waverly place off of Tryon. That would be a great place for them to build it I think. The guy doing it is named Zapolski.

Zapolski (broken link)

from the website

Does that mean they are going to level the Whole Foods and everything else at Waverly and rebuild?

Old 07-04-2008, 08:17 PM

40,809 posts, read 70,782,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In & Out View Post
Does that mean they are going to level the Whole Foods and everything else at Waverly and rebuild?

Going to tear down one side, build the new Whole Paycheck.
Then tear down the existing Whole Pacheck and build new shopping ceneter.

The design of Waverly Place has been a commercial disaster from Day 1. So wasteful, but it just has been very user unfriendly and a complete failure.

Old 07-04-2008, 09:13 PM

8,091 posts, read 10,108,049 times
Consider yourself lucky if a North Hills moves to your neighborhood. We bought a place one block away from the old North Hills 10 years ago,and look at it now. You can't beat the convenience of having a place like that with a stick. Now if we just had a good hardware store
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary