Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-18-2007, 05:06 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to remind folks that this will air this Sunday at 8pm on ABC. I think it should be interesting! I am very interested in the Historic neighborhood where the house is located. It seems like an interesting mix of older neglected homes and some newly renovated and very expensive homes.

I often wish I had explored the Mordecai area a bit more when I was looking for a house. It seems like this is one of the few historic neighborhoods in Raleigh where you can still buy into the neighborhood without dropping at least $400K. Although the few homes there I could afford ($160K price range) are all located along the railroad tracks which is not very appealing. I just didn't have the money or the skill to do the renovations and you know it always costs more than you think! I think down the road once the Seaboard Station retail area takes off and the downtown redevelopment projects along Blount and Person street are completed I will probably be kicking myself for not buying down there!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2007, 06:05 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,561,845 times
Thank you so much for reminding me about that show, I don't want to miss it. I used to never ever miss one of those shows, but have alot recently, so thanks again I'll be watching.

Debbie

Old 01-18-2007, 08:04 AM

325 posts, read 1,408,083 times
I rode by that house last weekend. It fits in quite nicely in the Mordecai neighborhood, although the houses on either side of it could use some work too.

Old 01-18-2007, 09:49 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,779,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I often wish I had explored the Mordecai area a bit more when I was looking for a house. It seems like this is one of the few historic neighborhoods in Raleigh where you can still buy into the neighborhood without dropping at least $400K. Although the few homes there I could afford ($160K price range) are all located along the railroad tracks which is not very appealing. I just didn't have the money or the skill to do the renovations and you know it always costs more than you think! I think down the road once the Seaboard Station retail area takes off and the downtown redevelopment projects along Blount and Person street are completed I will probably be kicking myself for not buying down there!
Thanks for the reminder, NRG! We're having it ready for recording, just in case.

And you definitely must give me a rundown on the up and coming areas around here (as in one of your previous posts). Never worry about the skills. They can be learned or found through local builders. And the money, well, let's just say that with a little initiative and a great credit score, money is easy to find if you're interested in investing, and pulling a little sweat equity.

Thx, again!

Old 01-21-2007, 04:03 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times
Should be cool to see the show tonight. I wonder if this will spark renewed interest in that area, not that it isn't already getting expensive to live in that neighborhood. I plan on taping the show to watch later as I will be watching Peyton Manning put a hurting on the Patriots tonight!!!

Old 01-21-2007, 08:39 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,779,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Should be cool to see the show tonight. I wonder if this will spark renewed interest in that area, not that it isn't already getting expensive to live in that neighborhood. I plan on taping the show to watch later as I will be watching Peyton Manning put a hurting on the Patriots tonight!!!
Colts killed with a great comeback! Excellent. Looks like the bowl is gonna be one heck of a game!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary