U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 10:05 PM

8 posts, read 24,610 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know what new development is happening on Martin Luther King Blvd & Fayetteville Street? I thought I read somewhere that a Lowes is going be there?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2008, 04:02 PM

862 posts, read 3,356,323 times
Yep. I just passed by the sign today. The sign says Lowe's is coming there.

Old 07-11-2008, 05:00 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,224,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by os08 View Post
Does anyone know what new development is happening on Martin Luther King Blvd & Fayetteville Street? I thought I read somewhere that a Lowes is going be there?
os08, you read my mind. I was going to post a similar question!!

There is a sign at the corner that says that Lowes is going in. But if you go N of MLK on Fayetteville they are also clearing another section of land. It almost has the feel that it will be a subdivision. Does anyone know what is going in there?

Old 07-12-2008, 05:10 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,609,429 times
I believe a WalMart StuporCenter was planned for that intersection at one point? WM has delayed some of their projects but think they were aiming for that area.

Old 07-12-2008, 05:50 AM

10 posts, read 41,324 times
How about the intersection of Fayetteville and Woodcroft?

Old 07-12-2008, 06:52 AM

3,021 posts, read 10,499,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian55 View Post
How about the intersection of Fayetteville and Woodcroft?

That's going to be a retirement community called Alta Walk.
Press release: http://www.sraco.com/assets/files/Alta%20Walk.pdf
"The project will include two, three-story buildings with elevators and a one-story building, plus 14 cottages. A 14,000 square foot leasing/activity center will provide ancillary services such as planned activities, meals, transportation, educational and athletic classes, and other services."

Old 07-12-2008, 08:39 AM

13,266 posts, read 21,318,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsSteel View Post
That's going to be a retirement community called Alta Walk.
Press release: http://www.sraco.com/assets/files/Alta%20Walk.pdf
"The project will include two, three-story buildings with elevators and a one-story building, plus 14 cottages. A 14,000 square foot leasing/activity center will provide ancillary services such as planned activities, meals, transportation, educational and athletic classes, and other services."
Your link clarifies that we are talking about Durham and not Raleigh since there's an intersection of Fayetteville St. and MLK Blvd. in Raleigh. What's the chance that saying "intersection of Fayetteville and MLK" can apply to both cities? I wonder if there are any other examples of two roads being similar?

Old 07-12-2008, 09:09 AM

3,021 posts, read 10,499,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Your link clarifies that we are talking about Durham and not Raleigh since there's an intersection of Fayetteville St. and MLK Blvd. in Raleigh. What's the chance that saying "intersection of Fayetteville and MLK" can apply to both cities? I wonder if there are any other examples of two roads being similar?
Confusing, isn't it? Perhaps we should ask the moderator to alter the title of this thread just to clarify things.

Old 07-12-2008, 10:27 AM

8 posts, read 24,610 times
do you think they will widen Fayetteville St to 4 lanes to accommodate the traffic going into Lowes?

Old 07-12-2008, 11:24 AM

2,024 posts, read 5,609,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by os08 View Post
do you think they will widen Fayetteville St to 4 lanes to accommodate the traffic going into Lowes?
They probably will widen the road right around the shopping center -- that and sidewalk construction are typical requirements for site plan approval for projects like this.

However, I wouldn't look for the much-needed widening of Fayetteville from NCCU to Woodcroft Pkwy anytime soon. The City tried to swap funding sources with NCDOT, such that the City would pay for the widening of Alston Ave in East Durham and the state would pay for the widening of Fayetteville -- so as to bring a more pedestrian-friendly road design to Alston while allowing a typical suburban arterial in Fayetteville -- but that's likely to be batted down for political reasons. According to the city website, it's probably 2011-12 before the construction is done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary