Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-12-2008, 12:19 PM

213 posts, read 698,046 times

Advertisements

Please keep your personal opinions about SBUX to yourself if you don't care for the chain.

The few that I know around me are more the "fast-food" variety with little dining area. Are there any that have the more open indoor/outdoor barista?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2008, 12:23 PM

186 posts, read 659,626 times
The new one at Evans and Maynard in Cary has an outdoor seating area. The inside doesn't have much space, though.

The one on 55 north of High House seems to have decent indoor space.

Old 07-12-2008, 12:54 PM

2,270 posts, read 9,147,676 times
You might want to narrow down what "area" you mean, but from your other posts I think you are in Cary.

My first choice is to have my Chai in the Barnes & Noble at Maynard & Walnut. They have a good sized sitting area.

Second choice is the one at Evans & Maynard already mentioned.

It's not Starbucks, but I like the Caribou at Brier Creek.

Don't try the one at the Arboretum or the one next to Cary Towne Center. Dinky.

Here ends my knowledge of area Starbucks.

Old 07-12-2008, 01:13 PM

18,068 posts, read 15,658,847 times
I like SBUX but they don't offer free wifi. Are you only open to SBUX for hanging out/reading?

If not, I quite liked the ambiance of "It's a Grind" on High House Rd/near Davis. And free wifi, which for me is a huge plus!

I've been wanting to explore other coffee shops to see who's got the best hanging out space.

Mr Toad's on High House/Cary Parkway has free Wifi, and they have a fairly decent size inside sitting area, but for some reason I don't much care for the 'feel' of it there...it's too dark or something.

In Raleigh I love the SBUX on Six Forks Rd right near Panera (< 1 mi from 440). They have this fireplace area that is quite nice in the winter months.

Old 07-12-2008, 03:42 PM

550 posts, read 1,487,279 times
Peace Street Starbucks is very popular for studying/working.

Old 07-13-2008, 12:07 AM

38 posts, read 225,480 times
The Starbucks on Guess Rd in Durham has a wonderful interior with plenty of couches to lounge around in.

But it does have a drive through, which brings the "fast food restaurant" feel that Im guessing you were talking about.

Old 07-13-2008, 09:56 PM

2,932 posts, read 7,823,728 times
I like studying at the starbucks in Barnes and Nobles pretty much exclusively. I find the regular ones too small. If you want to branch out I find the Caribou Coffee on Duraleigh Rd. a great place to study.

Old 07-14-2008, 10:59 AM

89 posts, read 306,392 times
Starbucks is the ONLY acceptable coffee
Even my Visa card is thru them!!! lol I know sad, my email addy used to be StarbucksGirl til I realized Im in my 40s and I should have something more adult like. Altho to this day I miss my addy

Im relocating to the Raleigh Durham area in August and have looked up a ton of them, not in stores..the "real" ones with the nice comfy chairs to kick back in and read or what have you. Just go to starbucks.com and you can search locations.

Old 07-14-2008, 11:35 AM

600 posts, read 3,448,731 times
Believe it or not, the SBUX at Harris Teeter in Cameron Village (on Oberlin Rd.) is one of the most spacious, with indoor and out door seating.

Another good place is Caribou, near the corner of Kildaire Farm Rd. and Maynard Rd. in Cary.

Streamer1212
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary