Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2008, 07:27 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times

Advertisements

The Capital City Grocery Store in Downtown Raleigh Celebrated its one year anniversary with wine tasting, live music from three bands, and free food samples yesterday from 5-10pm. The crowd was modest but lively with many folks simply walking over from their homes in Mordecai to enjoy the festivities. You could buy a variety of cold beers by the bottle or a bottle of wine and enjoy it on the front porch while you took in the tunes. There was also a booth from Larry’s Beans giving out free iced coffee. All in all it was a great way to spend a mild July evening here in Raleigh. Below are a few pictures from the festivities.

Killer Filler Band out of Hillsborough, NC

Enjoying a Hell's Belle Beer from Raleigh's own Big Boss Brewery. Or try some Ice Cream from locally owned Lumpy's Ice Cream

Enjoying the rocking chairs on the front porch!

In the Trees Band all the way from Brooklyn, NY

Making Friends!

A peak inside the Capital City Grocery Store

Untravelled Road Band fron right here in Raleigh, NC

Listening to tunes as the sun goes down
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2008, 07:54 AM

425 posts, read 1,257,264 times
Wish I had known about this! Where can I find out about these things ahead of time?

Old 07-13-2008, 08:14 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,108,254 times
The store looks AWESOME!

Old 07-13-2008, 12:01 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lolligrump View Post
Wish I had known about this! Where can I find out about these things ahead of time?
Yeah, I must admit one thing the folks at capital city grocery could improve on is promoting their evetns. They do have live music scheduled each friday evening during the summer. While they aren't events as big as this anniversary party, they are still quite fun. You can check out the schedule of performances on their myspace website:

MySpace.com - Capital City Grocery - RALEIGH, North Carolina - Bluegrass / Americana / Blues - www.myspace.com/capitalcitygrocery

To find notices of festival and events in general for the Traingle area try to pick up a free copy if the Independent Weekly whcih comes out every Wednesday.

Independent Weekly: Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill

Another decent source is the Downtown Raleigh Alliance Event Website.

Raleigh Events Calendar :: Downtown Raleigh Alliance

Old 07-13-2008, 12:11 PM

425 posts, read 1,257,264 times
Thanks North_Raleigh_Guy for the sources for event information. I try to pick up the Independent Weekly, but it's hard to find sometimes. I just need to find a place on my way home on Wednesdays that I know carries it. I have bookmarked the Downtown Raleigh Alliance and need to remember to check it. Will also look at your website. Thanks again!

Last edited by lolligrump; 07-13-2008 at 12:11 PM.. Reason: Spelling correction

Old 07-13-2008, 12:41 PM

3,031 posts, read 9,088,319 times
Great pics.

However, if I were the woman in the tan shorts and blue shirt, I would NOT be happy that you shot me from such an unflattering angle.

Old 07-13-2008, 04:39 PM

850 posts, read 3,625,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by findingmesomeday View Post
Great pics.

However, if I were the woman in the tan shorts and blue shirt, I would NOT be happy that you shot me from such an unflattering angle.
lol...I was thinking the same thing. But looks like it was a fun time.
Lauren
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary