Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2009, 02:34 PM

107 posts, read 425,338 times

Advertisements

My hubby and I always admire your house when we drive by! We never went inside though, it looks great! We will be very close to you on Gathering place. Our house is officially locked now which means we are getting close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
I just came from my house and it looks so nice! If anyone has a chance to go by before Rebecca locks it up, please do. They still have some finishing touches, but so far all looks good. You can see the edges of the wood floor, so you'll have an idea of what it'll look like once they take the paper off the floor. Disregard the stairs. For whatever reason they carpeted the stairs and weren't supposed to; I paid for full oak tread. But that will be fixed soon enough. I think once it gets fixed the full effect of what I was going for will become apparent.

The grading of the yard looks great! The yard is a lot bigger than I ever imagined, but I can work with it. Now, if only the interest rates would come back down a little bit, I'll be good to go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2009, 07:13 PM

673 posts, read 2,266,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by senalj View Post
Addie, it was nice talking to you. I hope you had fun at the pool!
Sena, I'm so glad you stopped by. And the pool was fabulous! So refreshing on these warm summer days!

Old 06-21-2009, 07:17 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,573 times
I can't wait to try the pool in a couple of weeks. It's been cold and rainy in NY since early May. More rain expected this whole week: (

Addie...I did see Jersey Boys this weekend and it was GREAT!!! Next week, Billy Elliot.

Old 06-22-2009, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
I can't wait to try the pool in a couple of weeks. It's been cold and rainy in NY since early May. More rain expected this whole week: (

Addie...I did see Jersey Boys this weekend and it was GREAT!!! Next week, Billy Elliot.
Oooh, I've been thinking about tickets for Jersey Boys! I'll have to see when they are here locally-- I've seen the ads in the paper but have not paid close attention to the play dates.

Thanks for the recommendation!

Old 06-22-2009, 10:51 AM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcjap View Post
Sena, everything looks great, thanks for the update.
Thank you! Now I have to figure out what to do with the hill in the back yard (it slopes down, from my house to the protected area). The Lal's (to the right of my house, if you're looking at it) planted some brush and trees down there. The neighbors on my other side didn't do anything and have weeds growing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemteacher View Post
My hubby and I always admire your house when we drive by! We never went inside though, it looks great! We will be very close to you on Gathering place. Our house is officially locked now which means we are getting close.
Thank you! I have been itching to go into your house to see what you selected. Maybe one of these days I will. I met the woman who lives two doors down from you, on the corner. She's a really nice woman. You should try to catch her around sometime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvitts View Post
Sena, I'm so glad you stopped by. And the pool was fabulous! So refreshing on these warm summer days!
Dee can't wait to get into the pool. At first she wanted it to be bigger, but I pointed out if it were bigger she still wouldn't be able to swim in it, because there would be too many people. I have a gym membership, so she can go there to swim if she wants. Our pool will be to cool down on those really, really hot days.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:05 PM

1,094 posts, read 2,465,557 times
My house is pretty much finished! We just came from a brief visit and the air was on inside, which is a good sign. There are still a few things that need to be completed, but for the most part it's there. I am so excited! Now if only I can get a good interest rate...

Old 01-28-2010, 08:46 PM

2 posts, read 2,530 times
Hello everyone, My husband and I have signed the contract to build in Grandale!! We are going to be building a Carlyle floorplan on Gathering Place. We have an estimate finish date of July- August, 2010. Looking forward to meeting everyone! Any insider tips we should know about?
~Cheryl and Frank

Old 01-30-2010, 10:39 AM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,573 times
Welcome to the neighborhood! I can't believe Grandale is almost sold out and that they've been able to sell about 200 homes in the last two years when the market has been so bad. It should be a testament to the homes. We love ours and of the neighbors I've spoken to, they love theirs as well. It's quiet, friendly and very pretty. I'm supposed to have the next bbq among the citydata/Grandale folks so I'll let you know so you can meet everyone.

Old 01-31-2010, 08:29 AM

/\ /\ /\

Ditto what amcjap said--Welcome to the neighborhood.

I am amazed at how quickly the neighborhood is selling out. I have been walking through the newer section and love seeing all the new homes that are now completed and occupied. You will enjoy Grandale! It is a very nice neighborhood. You'll be moving in in time to enjoy the pool this summer!

Old 02-04-2010, 08:23 AM

2 posts, read 2,530 times
Thank you for the welcome.. We are really looking forward to the building process and meeting everyone! We are going to the design center on Saturday and finalizing everything. We would love to attend the summer BBQ.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary