Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 05:36 PM

847 posts, read 3,521,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXmom View Post
Is Poppies that Gourmet Farmers Market from Brevard??? Are they opening in Durham? If so do you know the location?? Looks fab online!!
Yup. It's going to be in U Marketplace. You know where the old Kroger was, Aaron Rents... where Chuck E. Cheese is? That area is becoming a mixed-use area including Poppies. The plans show outdoor gathering area, community garden, etc. They've already started demolition. I am taking photos as work progresses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 06:23 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by welovedurham View Post
Yup. It's going to be in U Marketplace. You know where the old Kroger was, Aaron Rents... where Chuck E. Cheese is? That area is becoming a mixed-use area including Poppies. The plans show outdoor gathering area, community garden, etc. They've already started demolition. I am taking photos as work progresses.
Yeah!! I'll check your site for updates. Whoaa!! Can't wait. Thanks!!

Old 07-27-2008, 06:50 PM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
They opened a Fresh Market on 54 where it splits off and merges with 15-501, across from Glen Lennox. That's maybe 3-4 miles from New Hope Valley.
Not that CH needs any more gourmet markets. Seriously, how much gorganzola can a town need.

Old 07-27-2008, 08:56 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,752,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
Seriously, how much gorganzola can a town need.
LOL! So is the Fresh Market located behind all that condo construction? Or off to the side of it? Or am I think of the wrong spot?

Old 07-27-2008, 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seattlenextyear View Post
They opened a Fresh Market on 54 where it splits off and merges with 15-501, across from Glen Lennox. That's maybe 3-4 miles from New Hope Valley.
Not that CH needs any more gourmet markets. Seriously, how much gorganzola can a town need.
That's where the HT is. ?

Old 07-27-2008, 09:18 PM

Okay, I think I just figured it out. I think Fresh Market has replaced the HT that was on 54 close to campus, near the overpass beside Glen Lenox.

I think some folks (is this right Calvitts?) were talking about the other HT on 54, near Fayetteville Road.

I have to say I didn't notice the Fresh Market at all, but I'll pay attention when I go to Chapel Hill this week. I've been to the one in... Raleigh? Cary? and it seemed fine. Not a destination given our other great choices, but the cafe and bakery were nice.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:33 AM

673 posts, read 2,266,103 times
Quote:
Okay, I think I just figured it out. I think Fresh Market has replaced the HT that was on 54 close to campus, near the overpass beside Glen Lenox.

I think some folks (is this right Calvitts?) were talking about the other HT on 54, near Fayetteville Road.
Yes, we were referring to the Harris Teeter that is just a stone's throw from where the new one is set to open, near the intersection of Fayetteville and NC-54.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:38 AM

Ah, well that makes more sense to wonder why both are staying open.

Old 07-28-2008, 07:38 AM

4,242 posts, read 8,772,004 times
Quote:

I have to say I didn't notice the Fresh Market at all, but I'll pay attention when I go to Chapel Hill this week. I've been to the one in... Raleigh? Cary? and it seemed fine. Not a destination given our other great choices, but the cafe and bakery were nice.
Yup, you're right. They replaced the HT there with it. I think it'll appeal to the people commuting from UNC to I-40 whose spouses called them up, asking if they'd pick up something for dinner on their way home.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:08 AM

635 posts, read 1,616,589 times
I am VERY excited about the Rita's water ice- has it been confirmed? I had strep throat during my last visit to my family in New Jersey and hit Rita's everyday under the auspices of needing "relief" for my throat. It's SOOOO good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary