Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2008, 05:20 AM

460 posts, read 1,274,385 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by In & Out View Post
It is not for one member to decide what another member can discuss. If one does not like how the thread is going.........MOVE ON!
exactly. I mean why read it if its so 'below' you...

Old 07-21-2008, 08:43 AM

79 posts, read 277,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Well Nancy is no longer 'missing' and LE is not even sure that she actually went 'jogging' that fateful Sat. morning...so perhaps it's time to start a new thread to discuss this case since the other one is pretty long.

I know I'll be following along as this case proceeds as will many of you.
I've been following this thread and while the story is very sad, it is still big news around here. Even going out you'll hear this story being discussed by random people. I don't think that anyone is wrong in discussing this story. We are curious and in the end we all want to see that justice prevailed.
The speculation part is just going to happen until we actually get all the answers. Nancy's time of death will put a lot of this mystery to rest.

I have a close friend who lives and jogs in Lochmere and she actually saw a woman on her jog that Saturday morning around 8am that fit Nancy's description. Whether it was indeed Nancy that she saw still remains to be seen, but until I hear the time of death I have to wonder about all that's been told. The information provided so far does make it appear that Brad might be involved, but there's still a lot of details that are missing. And as long as these pieces of the puzzle are missing, all people can do is speculate. Hopefully the guilty person will be arrested whoever they may be.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:45 AM

3,353 posts, read 4,965,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In & Out View Post
It will only be 8 pages if one sets their option to display 40 posts per page.
I was just about to post that...

I really have zero problem with anything I've said here, Mike, especially the post you quoted. I actually haven't said much about the case at all, in fact, except for one line stating I think the husband did it (and yep, I think the husband did it ... call me a mean shameful person all ya want).

I keep posting in the thread about the thread itself. The whole thing is fascinating to me. This is a discussion board and people are discussing a local murder that has made national headlines. For the life of me I do not understand the problem. This may be the third time I'm posting this: it amazes me when some posters hold up an internet message board as a governing council on behavior.

If this board is so powerful it should draw such reactions from some of you then let's put it to work and solve issues of poverty.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 AM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajoy88 View Post
I've been following this thread and while the story is very sad, it is still big news around here. Even going out you'll hear this story being discussed by random people. I don't think that anyone is wrong in discussing this story. We are curious and in the end we all want to see that justice prevailed.
The speculation part is just going to happen until we actually get all the answers. Nancy's time of death will put a lot of this mystery to rest.

I have a close friend who lives and jogs in Lochmere and she actually saw a woman on her jog that Saturday morning around 8am that fit Nancy's description. Whether it was indeed Nancy that she saw still remains to be seen, but until I hear the time of death I have to wonder about all that's been told. The information provided so far does make it appear that Brad might be involved, but there's still a lot of details that are missing. And as long as these pieces of the puzzle are missing, all people can do is speculate. Hopefully the guilty person will be arrested whoever they may be.

Well said.

Old 07-21-2008, 08:46 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,286,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seajoy88 View Post
all people can do is speculate.
Or as a second option they could choose not to speculate at all. My vote is for the latter of the two.

Old 07-21-2008, 09:14 AM

79 posts, read 277,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Or as a second option they could choose not to speculate at all. My vote is for the latter of the two.

I think your vote's going to lose based on human nature alone. People want answers and when they aren't provided they make their own assumptions. Good or bad, it's the way people are.

Old 07-21-2008, 10:03 AM

113 posts, read 436,684 times
One aspect of this story that find of interest is the ex-pat angle. Apparently, her "status" in this country posed issues that made it more complicated for her to deal with some of the marital issues.

For instance, perhaps she thought she couldn't separate from her husband because her status was based on him and his job. Could she leave him without being deported? Could she leave him and get a job? Options that one would suggest would be better alternatives to staying in a troubled marriage - prehaps weren't viable......

Old 07-21-2008, 10:31 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,246,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scorp200 View Post
I was just about to post that...

I really have zero problem with anything I've said here, Mike, especially the post you quoted. I actually haven't said much about the case at all, in fact, except for one line stating I think the husband did it (and yep, I think the husband did it ... call me a mean shameful person all ya want).

I keep posting in the thread about the thread itself. The whole thing is fascinating to me. This is a discussion board and people are discussing a local murder that has made national headlines. For the life of me I do not understand the problem. This may be the third time I'm posting this: it amazes me when some posters hold up an internet message board as a governing council on behavior.

If this board is so powerful it should draw such reactions from some of you then let's put it to work and solve issues of poverty.
VERY WELL SAID! Vicki

Old 07-21-2008, 11:25 AM

1,395 posts, read 5,085,180 times
frankly, mike's attitude is offensive to me.

this happened very close to me. our daughters attended the same preschool. i'm very interested in the case. i want to know what happened. time will hopefully bring resolution, closure & most importantly, justice. i see nothing wrong with this thread. we're trying to make sense of something that has happened to try to figure out what is going on. the police insist this was not random however they have not named a suspect. they are asking people with any information to come forward. i would have thought if it was someone she knew they would have made an arrest by now. its all very disturbing. i for one haven't resumed my walks since i found out she was missing. this is something that affects our community. i see nothing wrong with it being discussed.

so much for trying to start a new thread.

Old 07-21-2008, 04:17 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,385,873 times
Brad Cooper is not going to his wife's funeral.

Brad Cooper could have to testify in custody case :: WRAL.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary