Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-21-2007, 08:22 AM

5,453 posts, read 8,220,186 times

Advertisements

I googled NC driving test and found a site that gave sample questions, that way I was able to determine what type of questions were on the test. The signs, well the lady giving me the test did not explain what she wanted so I just identified the blank signs, yellow round sign is RR, and read the others. I missed one question on the written part regarding what to do if in an accident. Still don't agree with what the answer was. Good luck, most of it is common sense, but I hate tests and took weeks to build up the courage to go and take mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2007, 11:59 AM

10 posts, read 44,753 times
Hi the taxes are paid yearly i did pay almost 500$ for 2 cars. some people say its not true? com enad check it is for 2002 bmw x5 and 2003 audi both at kbb value around 20k, sounds crazy? welcome to NC

Old 01-21-2007, 12:08 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,912,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ebayseller View Post
Hi the taxes are paid yearly i did pay almost 500$ for 2 cars. some people say its not true? com enad check it is for 2002 bmw x5 and 2003 audi both at kbb value around 20k, sounds crazy? welcome to NC
Yeah... but how much did your auto insurance and property tax drop from NY? I know going from Boston to Durham, my car insurance dropped by 400%. And of course, I paid an excise tax on my car each year in Mass. anyway, so not a big deal.

Old 01-21-2007, 04:23 PM

312 posts, read 1,904,589 times
I don't know why everyone are saying "written test" even though there wasn't any. I took my driver's test last month and passed. I took it at Clayton and it was a very tiny office - no crowds.

The test I took is multiple choices. The first test I was given is eye exam and second test is sign reading exam by oral. Then last is multiple choice exam by choosing a letter. There are 25 questions and you must have no more than 5 mistakes in order to pass it.

Of course, they shredded my FL driver's license before I left.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:31 PM

39 posts, read 166,589 times
If you life in Wake County, do you have to go to a Wake County office to get your driver's license? The reason I ask is that I would rather drive to Clayton and get everything done rather than wait forever at a Wake County office.

My wife and I have to get everything done in a hurry. We just moved here over a week ago, but our TN car tags expire at the end of the month! I am not looking forward to the whole license/registration ordeal.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:45 PM

653 posts, read 2,986,218 times
At the location in North Raleigh on Capital Blvd. north of I-540, you can call ahead and make an appointment, then skip everyone waiting in line. Little known fact, although you'll get some dirty stares from all the people who didn't make appointments. I think you can do this at all locations.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:49 PM

39 posts, read 166,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHomeFinder View Post
At the location in North Raleigh on Capital Blvd. north of I-540, you can call ahead and make an appointment, then skip everyone waiting in line. Little known fact, although you'll get some dirty stares from all the people who didn't make appointments. I think you can do this at all locations.
Wow, that is great information! Thank you. Do you know if you can do this for car registration as well or are there generally long lines for car registration?

Old 01-21-2007, 05:53 PM

1,726 posts, read 5,859,468 times
The written tests should be even tougher. I'm amazed at the number of people who have no clue what to do at a four-way stop. I'm also amazed at people who lack knowledge of how to adjust their driving in icy or snowy weather. Another big one is the moronic people who don't understand that on limited-access highways, the left lane is for passing, not for cruising! These idiots block the left lane and rarely move over to allow anyone to pass. A complete lack of courtesy and knowledge of the rules of the road.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:56 PM

474 posts, read 2,192,007 times
Yessir. 3% highway use tax.

Old 01-21-2007, 05:59 PM

474 posts, read 2,192,007 times
Yessir. 3% highway use tax on every vehicle you own as long as they have wheels. Camper, motorcycle, trailer. Etcetera.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary