Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2009, 06:03 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,374,621 times

Advertisements

HBA-DOC (http://www.hbadoc.com/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=242 - broken link)

We looked at several homes in Briar Chapel today. There is a Green Homes Tour in the Triangle this weekend (see the link above) and next weekend. You can look at houses without the sales pressure you would usually get. The houses in Briar Chapel were very nice. A little far from Chapel Hill but it will be an amazing neighborhood when it is finished.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-27-2009, 08:38 AM

1,379 posts, read 3,903,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
HBA-DOC (http://www.hbadoc.com/displaycommon.cfm?an=1&subarticlenbr=242 - broken link)A little far from Chapel Hill but it will be an amazing neighborhood when it is finished.
You mean, if it is finished.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:14 AM

I am trying to look on the bright side!

Old 04-27-2009, 10:01 AM

1,379 posts, read 3,903,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdatlas View Post
I am trying to look on the bright side!
And I am trying to look on the "realistic possibility" side. Lots of wishful thinkers at L'hermitage wish they had too.

L’Hermitage Residents Still Waiting For Answers - Wake County - MyNC.com

Old 04-27-2009, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Paddler View Post
And I am trying to look on the "realistic possibility" side. Lots of wishful thinkers at L'hermitage wish they had too.

Briar Chapel is definitely a very ambitious project. They started building before the financial crisis started. Hopefully they will be able to make it work even if it means scaling back a bit.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:07 PM

41 posts, read 219,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deefromny View Post
Hi guyatherton
Do you live in Churton Grove? I have had my eye on some re-sales there. Do you have some pros and cons of the development? the town? the schools? Any info is appreciated.
I don`t live in Churton Grove, but nearby in Hillsborough. We have looked there and it a great development with Cameron Park elementary a great school. I was just contrasting it to Briar Chapel (smaller lots, garages behind etc).

I drove around BC today and was shocked at how little had been built since I last drove round in November 2008. They will have to scale back since the plan was originally for 3-4,000 homes. That is not going to happen.

Old 08-28-2009, 05:51 PM

542 posts, read 1,520,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Paddler View Post

Quite humorous to compare L'hermitage to Briar Chapel. Briar Chapel has actually been doing pretty well recently, especially on the low end (less than $200,000). Briar Chapel has a great builder team and a nationally recognized developer.

Mike

Old 08-28-2009, 08:02 PM

41 posts, read 219,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeNC29 View Post
Quite humorous to compare L'hermitage to Briar Chapel. Briar Chapel has actually been doing pretty well recently, especially on the low end (less than $200,000). Briar Chapel has a great builder team and a nationally recognized developer.

Mike
I agree BC has a national developer who has a good reputation but they will have been badly hit by the economic situation. If the plan was 3-4,000 homes in 8 years then they are well behaved. They may need to scale back their ambitions.

Old 01-18-2010, 04:48 PM

31 posts, read 127,212 times
Plan was 2,300 homes in 10+ years but even with that I am sure they will have to scale back. But building out there still continues. Looks to be about 15+ homes have been built in the last 3 months so folks are buying.
For those in for the longer haul I think this is going to be a fantastic neighborhood!

Old 01-18-2010, 08:57 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,725,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by windmiller View Post
Plan was 2,300 homes in 10+ years but even with that I am sure they will have to scale back. But building out there still continues. Looks to be about 15+ homes have been built in the last 3 months so folks are buying.
For those in for the longer haul I think this is going to be a fantastic neighborhood!
There is an interesting article in last weeks Indy about Chatham County Real Estate. It mentions that Briar Chapel's first phase will contain more townhomes than originally planned. The article is mostly about higher end communities but it's a good read.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary