Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2008, 05:05 PM

1,561 posts, read 5,146,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemaine View Post
There is a subdision here in Holly Springs with Harry Potter themed street names:

Longbottom
Tonks
Gillyweed
(I think there's one more, but I can't recall)

I always wondered if J.K. Rowling had to give permission for the builder to use names and words from her books...
that's awesome! sometimes on my way to work when i'm stuck behind a slow truck, i pass by weird street names and imagine what i could come up with as a developer. the harry potter theme is a good one...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2008, 08:47 PM

100 posts, read 363,799 times
Remember...no matter how bad it is, it could always be worse.

Old 07-25-2008, 10:13 PM

3 posts, read 7,493 times
Default Amusing street names in Raleigh

I have to say the most amusing street name(s) I've seen around the Raleigh area where just off of Six Forks Road in the Ramblewood (I think it's called) neighborhood. The streets were: Six Spoons Rd and Six Knives Rd.

Ok, I'll admit it tickled me a bit more when I first drove past them rather than typing/reading them right now, but for those of you that know what/where I'm talking about perhaps you will be tickled now too

Old 07-26-2008, 03:47 AM

38,707 posts, read 102,807,934 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d40372 View Post
Remember...no matter how bad it is, it could always be worse.

"Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel please..."

Old 07-26-2008, 05:10 AM

1,364 posts, read 6,010,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drover View Post
"Pat, I'd like to buy a vowel please..."
I'll take "What is the drive from LA to Vegas for 600, Alex"

I've made that drive at least 30 times...more often than not, it's a little less exciting going the other way.

Old 07-26-2008, 09:32 AM

455 posts, read 916,540 times
When I lived in Florida, it was in a golf community and all the roads were named after famous golf courses/resorts.

St. Andrews Blvd.
Augusta Blvd.
Bay Meadows Dirve
Pebble Beach Circle
Baltusrol Drive
Pinehurst Circle
Pine Valley Circle
Palmetto Dunes Circle
Torrey Pines Point

The list goes on...

Old 07-26-2008, 09:44 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,356,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYCinNC View Post
Growing Up in Queens, NY Everything was Numbered

102nd Street
93rd Drive

I think it is so much easier to get around
Queens easy to get around in??? I remember the few times I dispatched in Queens (mostly a Bronx/Manhattan dispatcher), I would tell the cops that I just got my visa from the mainland to work there, so please be specific with your locations, lol! Yeah.....is that 102nd street, road, drive, boulevard, avenue....beach 102nd st..... At least I knew some of the main roads because my inlaws live in Breezy Point & my bff lives in Ozone.

BxRosie

Old 07-26-2008, 09:48 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,356,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjp4 View Post
We have friends who live in Maryland off of...Foolish Pleasure Dr., near its intersection with Gate Dancer Ln. Ugh!
Could you imagine if it was "Pole Dancer Ln"??!!??

BxRosie

Old 07-26-2008, 12:01 PM

190 posts, read 1,074,321 times
I personally love "Pooh Corner" in Raleigh... I also like "StringBean" in Wake Forest (at least I used to...). My daughter and I laughed about the funny name, but then she hit the street sign one morning, really damaged the side of her car, barely touched the sign.... I wonder who got the last laugh there?

Old 07-26-2008, 12:07 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,238,379 times
There is a Kangaroo Court off of Litchford about a block before you hit Harps Mill. That one always cracks me up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary