U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 04:36 PM

9,758 posts, read 28,711,453 times

Advertisements

Your 2008 Property Tax Bill Arrives!

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 04:39 PM

39,410 posts, read 68,356,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

Maybe I will put it back into the mailbox and pretend I didn't get it.

Old 07-23-2008, 05:43 PM

35 posts, read 109,455 times
yeh! I'll say 6000 bucks,,, can you say ouch!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-23-2008, 06:10 PM

551 posts, read 516,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post

Yes, I got my little tiny tax bill yesterday. I just kept looking at it thinking "is this a tax bill or is someone trying to be funny"? I can't believe this is all I have to pay. This is 1/2 of what I paid back in MA, for a whole lot less. It is also much less than I paid when I lived in Durham. Glad I moved.

Old 07-23-2008, 10:12 PM

9,758 posts, read 28,711,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by In & Out View Post
Yes, I got my little tiny tax bill yesterday. I just kept looking at it thinking "is this a tax bill or is someone trying to be funny"? I can't believe this is all I have to pay. This is 1/2 of what I paid back in MA, for a whole lot less. It is also much less than I paid when I lived in Durham. Glad I moved.

YEah, my bill isn't too bad, just forgot it was coming. I am thankfull that I have my taxes and insurance taken out each month with my mortgage!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeJaquish View Post
Maybe I will put it back into the mailbox and pretend I didn't get it.
Sounds like a plan to me!

"Return to Sender"

Old 07-24-2008, 07:50 AM

578 posts, read 2,961,501 times
Personally I'm extremely disappointed to find my tax bill has increased $250 instead of going down the same which is what should have happened under the guise of "revenue neutral". I was looking forward to a tax year where my property taxes DIDN'T go up and actually went down. Apparently that will never happen regardless of where I live. It's a sad, sad day.

On the plus side the taxes and increase are still a fraction of what I was saddled with in NY when I left.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:23 AM

298 posts, read 920,889 times
So when do most people pay the bill? I know it's "due" on 9/1, but interest begins in January...so do most people just pay it in late December? This is my first year in NC and property taxes are billed differently than in MA.

Old 07-24-2008, 08:29 AM

39,410 posts, read 68,356,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobirdz27 View Post
So when do most people pay the bill? I know it's "due" on 9/1, but interest begins in January...so do most people just pay it in late December? This is my first year in NC and property taxes are billed differently than in MA.
Most folks pay in the fall.
You can actually defer payment without penalty into the first few days of January, 2009, if you find a tax advantage in doing so, or have a YE bonus, etc earmarked for payment.
But, pay before January 5th...
I have hand-delivered on the 2nd.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:08 AM

12,470 posts, read 30,501,277 times
For those of you that pay your taxes and insurance each and every month, included in your house payment, send that bill to your lender!!!

Vicki

Old 07-24-2008, 01:43 PM

1,484 posts, read 3,973,225 times
Default Ok

wouldnt be too upset if the money was being used for actually achieving a goal. All the tax related goals such as Schools and roads seem to always need more money to finish the ORIGINAL project.

Constant taxation and less and less choice. If the schools were improving it might make it easier to pay but everyone I talk to in the system says it isnt.

I dont mean to rant about schools in this thread but I have said it before if you dont care how they did it up north why are you taxing us like the north?

Oh and you might want to think twice about saying "I am so happy my tax bill is so much less than state xx" I think the revenue dept can smell the money with a statement like that!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary