Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 11:42 AM

29 posts, read 118,296 times

Advertisements

I telecommute and have used TWC over a year now. I have three computers in my office and my husband has one in his - so four computers online at any given time and never any problems.

My only complaint is that I wanted to add a second line and it took days before I was able to get through and then it was a week before someone could come out. But my second line works fine.

Well, one more complaint - I wish they would carry Bravo too. I'm missing another season of Project Runway, dangit!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2008, 12:26 PM

23 posts, read 94,216 times
Thumbs up No problems with TWC!

We have internet and cable through TWC and are happy with the service. Few problems we had were fixed in a timely manner.

Old 07-26-2008, 12:28 PM

563 posts, read 955,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
Hubby has been "in computers" for years and years. His theory has always been not to use TWC for internet because the TV cable goes out so often that if I'm working from home and my internet goes out, he knows I will freak out!

We use Bellsouth.net for internet because, going along with his theory, the phone never goes out.

We do have TWC for our cable.

Vicki
My Mom has Bellsouth and when my sister has called Tech Support, every time it is out of India. They read from scripts. That is one downside to Bellsouth.

I have TWC as well and have had NO issues. Very pleased!

Old 01-07-2009, 05:54 AM

23 posts, read 94,216 times
I have a similar question like the OP. Currently we have TWC cable and we are happy with it. But we are thinking about moving to AT&T DSL XTREME 6.0 to take advantage of bundling of services and save some moolah. Does anyone have good/bad experiences with DSL? How is the speed? My wife needs to have high speed since she telecommutes. TIA.

Old 01-07-2009, 06:21 AM

656 posts, read 1,990,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicky View Post
I know I'm in the minority here, but we use TW Cable and we don't have any more problems than we do with anything else. We're happy with it. We haven't had any significant outages.

My husband telecommutes. We use Skype and Slingbox and we have multiple computers online.

I too use TW cable. I have my business in NC and my clients in California and I am online at least 10 hours each day via the internet. I have exclusively used TW Cable for 4 years now without any problems. When I relocated to a new house a few months back I did initially have an install problem but it was short-lived and I have not had a problem since. So many talk of countless problems with TW, I guess I am one of the lucky ones that have not encountered them.

Old 01-07-2009, 11:00 AM

516 posts, read 1,887,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VickiR View Post
We use Bellsouth.net for internet because, going along with his theory, the phone never goes out.
Most of the time, when the "cable goes out" it's an interruption of the broadcast signal, not a disruption of connectivity.

Regardless, TWC is about the ONLY option you have if you're not in an area that gets DSL service, unless you're ok with dialup.

If you REALLY need 100% uptime and fast connection all the time, get a T1

Old 01-07-2009, 11:30 AM

119 posts, read 354,772 times
Standard Road Runner is now 7 download/384k upload. Turbo is 10/512. Works good. Sure beats the old days of AOL dial-up.

Old 01-07-2009, 01:50 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,242 times
I have had RR for about 9 years with zero problems the last 5/6 years. I run 5 pc's, IP phone, 2 additional routers, 4 additional switches (I mess around with Cisco Networking in case the housing market drops away I can still earn some dough working a helpdesk). I recommend it.

Old 01-07-2009, 03:29 PM

484 posts, read 1,366,746 times
Default T1

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony23 View Post
Most of the time, when the "cable goes out" it's an interruption of the broadcast signal, not a disruption of connectivity.

Regardless, TWC is about the ONLY option you have if you're not in an area that gets DSL service, unless you're ok with dialup.

If you REALLY need 100% uptime and fast connection all the time, get a T1
Do you know by any chance where can one get a T1 from Tony? Do you know what price ranges are? I use TW cable and work at home, the connection has been good for me for the most part here in Morrisville. I've always been curious about T1 though.
Thanks

Old 01-07-2009, 03:45 PM

4,003 posts, read 10,836,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsncharms View Post
Do you know by any chance where can one get a T1 from Tony? Do you know what price ranges are? I use TW cable and work at home, the connection has been good for me for the most part here in Morrisville. I've always been curious about T1 though.
Thanks
You get them from the phone company, but it is pretty cost prohibitive. A grand or so to set it up, and better part of a grand per month.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary