Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 12:25 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,034,535 times

Advertisements

Just to pipe in with a great restaurant.........well, I guess great is in the mind of the eater, but if you LOVE north carolina barbeque ( and everything that goes with it), then holden's is the place to go. It is technically in youngsville, but it is just off capital north of wake forest. They are only open for breakfast and lunch, but YUM the food is worth it.

check it out if you want traditional eastern barbeque, and all of the sides!

Leigh
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2007, 04:57 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times
in nicer weather there is a guy who trucks in freshproduce right by Lowes... next to the gas station to be precise. Good veggies & fruit, fair prices, nice banter. He is there rain or shine and I miss seeing him!
As for restaurants that are romantic, go to North Raliegh- it is about 20 minutes- 1/2 hour away, not a big deal.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:27 PM

40 posts, read 142,200 times
Harris Teeter has a large organic produce department. They are right near Heritage Wake Forest. Also DaVinci's is the Italian deli that just opened which would cover fresh meats and cheeses. I think NYer gets his produce from a guy that sells it on some corner in the area. Maybe he'll ping in and confirm that, but I believe he wrote about buying that in the Wake Forest area and loving it.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:29 PM

Okay, I've done this twice tonight. I need to keep reading before replying. Sorry Nyer. At least I wasn't totally crazy and remembered it was you that commented on purchasing the fresh fruit on the corner. Sorry, going to bed now.

Old 01-23-2007, 11:38 PM

106 posts, read 512,909 times
hot dogs--the Zwiegle brand from new york are the best dogs--ever have a white hot dog? yum!!!

Old 01-24-2007, 04:40 AM

56 posts, read 185,708 times
Default Seafood

It's not actually in Wake Forrest but just north of it on Capital is a place called Tar Heel Seafood. They usually have some good fresh seafood. If your going north it is in a small strip on the right before you get to the Sheetz in Youngsville.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:25 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,848,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by REBL View Post
.... I think NYer gets his produce from a guy that sells it on some corner in the area. Maybe he'll ping in and confirm that, but I believe he wrote about buying that in the Wake Forest area and loving it.

Ummm... I'm a woman!!!!
When you say I buy the stuff from a guy on the corner, that sounds just AWFUL
He is on the corner, but he sets up tables under an awning, it is all 100% above board!
DaVinci's is awesome, they will officially have a grand opening next week, they say, until then the shelves are a bit bare but hey, I am not complaining.
Harris Teeter is great - no problems with their produce.
Plus they have olive oils, cool salad dressings, all sorts of good stuff.

Old 01-24-2007, 05:29 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,668,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by epattridge View Post
It's not actually in Wake Forrest but just north of it on Capital is a place called Tar Heel Seafood. They usually have some good fresh seafood. If your going north it is in a small strip on the right before you get to the Sheetz in Youngsville.
I am going to have to stop by...I've seen it several times.

Got a decent deal on sushmi tuna at HT for 7.99 a pound...not cheap, but they look fantastic.

Old 01-24-2007, 06:10 PM

Sorry NYer. It was late. I know you are not a guy, just a lapse. I will refrain from posting so late at night. My reference to "the guy on the corner" was made because that's how we referred to the person we always bought corn and tomatoes from in Utah. Legit business as well, with the tent and tables, etc. Force of habit, sorry.

Old 01-25-2007, 05:18 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,563,693 times
Has anyone tried Nina's off Strickland Rd in Raleigh? One of my favorites. It is a must to try if you haven't already. As far as hotdog's go, I'm not a real fan unless it's black on the grill. If I have to choose though I would go to The Dog House in Durham, or buy Jordan hot dogs up North. I really try not to eat too many of those.

Time for breakfast.....Debbie
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary