Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2007, 06:32 AM

2 posts, read 7,649 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are first time home buyers and are looking to move into Bedford. I've been trolling the forums here for about and hour and have found some good info on the neighborhood. We're looking at townhomes and cottage style houses.

We're not new to the area, actually we live right down the road, but would like to get some further insight into Bedford from anyone living there or having lived there.

Anything good? Anything bad? Those quarry blasts sound fun

More importantly, my wife is going to give birth to our first child in May and will be leaving her job to take care of the little hockey player to be. She wants to teach voice lessons from our home to earn a little cash on the side while still being able to stay home with the future 100+ goal scorer. Does anyone know if this is prohibited by HOA regs or anything? (The voice lessons from home, not the staying home with the baby part )
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 08:17 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,240,116 times
Ok...whatever you do...do not buy the red cottage in Bedford! I want my client to see it on Saturday! I mean it!

Actually, you'll love Bedford. Three of the agents in my office live there and no one ever says anything bad about it.

I actually asked them about the quarry blasts...no one ever heard it. I know you get the landfill smell every now and again in Falls River but no one in Bedford mentions that. Anyway, hasn't stopped Bedford from winning awards and selling like hotcakes.

And again...take a Realtor with you when you go onsite. ANY Realtor. Their commission is in the base price...you wont' save a penny without an agent and you need someone to represent you, esp. if any problems arise.

Vicki

Old 01-24-2007, 08:53 AM

2 posts, read 7,649 times
Red cottage in Bedford...check. Seeing it tonight...check. Just kidding. We've only seen the towmhomes so far and will see cottages this weekend. Thanks for the tip with the Realtor. We've got a pretty decent buyer's agent who has actually helped us cross off several possible purchases due to our lack of information gathering.

Do you or any of the agents you work with know if there is a prohibitive clause in the HOA rules that prevents small businesses in domiciles such as giving voice lessons?

Thanks!

Old 01-24-2007, 09:16 AM

1,611 posts, read 4,847,396 times
Our development (not Bedford) says you can have a home office but cannot carry inventory.
But, this is important to you , so,
Do not guess about this, go to the sales office, ask to see the HOA rules- of course they will have a copy.
My feeling is you will have more problems with errant pucks! ;-)

Old 01-24-2007, 10:02 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,281,123 times
I think Bedford is an awesome community. I don't live there (I hope to upgrade to it oneday!) but I live right next to it in a smaller subdivision between Bedford and Falls River. A friend of mine just moved into one of the cottage homes and I recently checked it out. Pretty cool looking place! I like how the garages are detached and everyon parks behind the homes giving the streets in the front a clean look! I think you will enjoy it there! Just an FYI, it can be a little tricky turning left onto Fall of the Neuse Road from the Bedford Entrance during rush hour traffic, but I think there are plans to put in a light and/or widen the road in the future, but I don't know when. There is also a "backway" through Falls River that lets you out onto Durant Road which is very helpful! Good Luck!

Old 01-24-2007, 07:36 PM

I'd check with the covenants on the voice lessons. I have a friend who lives over there and teaches piano. From what SHE tells me, as long as you don't have a sign in your yard and a driveway full of piano students, you should be fine. However, I'm not telling you where she lives or who she is! I'm not a tattle tale! Vicki

Old 01-25-2007, 01:08 AM

404 posts, read 2,615,946 times
you know what is a bit strange about the red house,I think all 3 bedrooms are on seperate floors.

Old 01-25-2007, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canine7 View Post
you know what is a bit strange about the red house,I think all 3 bedrooms are on seperate floors.

I'll let you know what I think of it when we see it on Saturday. I've been in a few of the Cottages. I think its a great alternative to a townhouse. Red is MY COLOR but it stands out more online. Not sure why that particular house has been on the market for a while, so it could be the bedrooms or the color. Maybe I can get him a "deal"!!! Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary