Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2007, 05:10 AM

39 posts, read 253,456 times

Advertisements

hello,

looking for a home in Morrisville/Cary area. after doing extensive
home search in our price range we are liking east hampton at
twin lakes.

anyone who is currently living in east hampton models at twin lakes can
share your experience on flight noise. thinking of buying east hampton
model there. unlike other models at twin lakes, east hampton comes up
with reasonable standard upgrades and the upgrades list is not costing
more than 5 to 8% of the base price. looks like not a bad price for
sq.ft compared surrouding new construction.

i'm currently living at old towne carpenter village. Is the
noise going to be same or gets worse.. I personally visited
the community many times, couldn't figure it out.

any other bad experiences with KB. appreciate your help.

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2007, 07:56 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
I sold a home in Twin Lakes on Otter Cliff Way, which is across the street from the sales center. We got a great deal, since it was an inventory home and was ready to go and my clients could close in a matter of weeks. We noticed that the airplanes come and go constantly. I wasn't thrilled with it but I repeatedly asked my clients and it didn't bother them. Noise is subjective so I do think you need to figure out for yourself if it will bother you.

There is a RDU airport noise officer that you can call. I've always found them to be very helpful. You give them an address and they give you the info. as to when the planes take off and which flight plan you are in. Then you can actually go out to the area and see and hear for yourself.

Hope this helps.

Vicki

Old 01-25-2007, 09:42 AM

39 posts, read 253,456 times
Thanks Vicki. I called RDU office, it's very useful information.

another question. suppose we make a contract and under what
circustances we can withdraw the contract without losing the
earnest money or not at all?

Old 01-25-2007, 02:41 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Now thats a legal question and I'm just a mere Realtor. Read the contract that the builder is having you sign. MY GUESS would be that unless you have sometype of contingency to sell your current home, that if you just CHANGE YOUR MIND, you'll lose that money. Vicki

Old 12-10-2007, 02:06 AM

2,407 posts, read 10,679,104 times
I took some snapshots of the houses in E. Hampton subdivision of Twin Lakes this past weekend. Thought I'd try my hand at posting them.

Old 12-10-2007, 04:39 AM

324 posts, read 1,528,131 times
have some friends that live there & they have had no complaints....have gone over to visit & i really didnt hear anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary