Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 07:45 PM

33 posts, read 97,860 times

Advertisements

Can anyone suggest some neighborhoods in Cary & Holly Springs with Craftsman style homes?

This is the style of home we love and the areas we are searching in for a home. No limit to price because I am curious to see what type of a range there is.

Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 09:22 PM

3,395 posts, read 7,775,808 times
Cary Park has a craftsman style section with some smaller homes. There are also some really nice larger ones in the custom home section. (probably one of the nicest ones I've seen is on the lake there).

Stonecrest is another all-craftsman style 'hood, right off Davis Drive. I'm not familar with it.

You'll find some here and there in Highcroft, Carpenter Village, and some other neighborhoods in that vicinity.

Old 07-30-2008, 05:20 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,608,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina2008 View Post
Can anyone suggest some neighborhoods in Cary & Holly Springs with Craftsman style homes?
In Holly Springs, try the neighborhood across the street from Devil's Ridge. I forget the name, but it's one of those "Sunset" neighborhoods that are prevelant in Holly Springs.

If you're coming from NC55, head east pass Bass Lake Rd to Linksland Dr. Turn north and start wandering back through these streets. Crossway Ln is the central street and others branch off. Many of these houses are what I describe as "Neo-Craftsman". They have Craftsman design features on the exterior of the home, but inside is more of a modern open floorplan. I think that these houses probably start in the upper 300's.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:23 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,817,323 times
Sunset Oaks in Holly Springs has Craftsman Style Homes-there is still new construction available as opposed to Sunset Ridge which would be resale only in your price range.
If you like Craftsman architecture, Preservation Homes is pretty much the leader in that type of homebuilding. You might check out South Lakes in Fuquay-Varina (New) or Magnolia at Scott's Mill in Apex (resales).

Old 07-30-2008, 10:55 AM

33 posts, read 97,860 times
Thank you! I will check out some of these neighborhoods!

Old 07-30-2008, 01:43 PM

188 posts, read 1,144,737 times
Fuquay isn't far from Holly Springs (next town over). There are brand new Crasftsman homes being built at South Lakes. If you Google the neighborhood you'll find the website.

Old 07-30-2008, 09:30 PM

1,395 posts, read 5,086,934 times
The homes in Fuquay at South Lakes are beautiful!! Being built by the same builders as Scott's Mill - Preservation Homes.

Old 07-31-2008, 03:23 AM

299 posts, read 635,512 times
There's a builder that we looked at quite awhile ago that did beautiful Craftsman style homes, everything looked great on the surface, however I have no personal experience with them. Try to find something by Reward Builders in Holly Springs. You'll also find Craftsman style homes mixed in with other design choices throughout different neighborhoods in HS.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:09 AM

513 posts, read 1,605,716 times
We live in Bungalow Park in Apex by Preservation Homes...top notch builder. They only build Bungalow type houses from $1mil+ ITBL to $140k townhomes.

Old 08-01-2008, 10:59 AM

635 posts, read 3,093,713 times
I'm assuming, and it looks like from most of the replies, that you are looking for new construction Craftsman styled homes?

However, if your search would also include original Craftsman style homes, there is a large inventory of untouched and rehabilitated homes in Durham, Raleigh, and in smaller concentrations the surrounding cities.

Durham seems to have a particularly high concentration of bungalows.

Al
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary