U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-26-2007, 08:32 AM

9,743 posts, read 28,585,296 times

Advertisements

Does anybody here have the inside scope on what businesses and stores might be going into the strip mall that is currently being expanded at the intersection of Durant Road and Falls River Avenue (Right Next to the Falls River Community in North Raleigh). There is already an Ace Hardware, Food Lion, organic coffee shop, wine store, and several other indepently owned stores but, it looks like they are currently in the middle of expanding the retail space to increase the mall size by at least two-fold. I am usually not a big fan of strip malls, but this retail area is accessible from my house by bike without having to ride down any major roads except for some quiet residential streets in Falls River so I am very interested in what it may have to offer. I know we are out in the burbs, but this will offer a great opportunity to the many folks in that area to actually walk (using nice sidewalks) to shopping, dining, coffee, ect. without having to cross a busy intersection. I think it is a real plus to the area.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2007, 11:43 AM
MBM

8 posts, read 30,620 times
From what I have heard, there will be an Andy's Restaurant, and a nicer steak house.

Old 03-09-2007, 11:55 AM

251 posts, read 1,092,274 times
North Raleigh Guy, I like that area a lot. It's convenient to many parts of north Raleigh.

Old 03-09-2007, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MBM View Post
From what I have heard, there will be an Andy's Restaurant, and a nicer steak house.
Interesting.....It does look like from the design of one of the new buildings that it will definitely be a restaurant. I wonder if it is one of those you mentioned. By the way, what type of place is an Andy's Restaurant? I have never heard of that place before. I am really looking forward to more places opening up in that strip mall. Like Skipstone said, it is a very convenient location!

Old 03-09-2007, 09:18 PM

12,456 posts, read 30,348,364 times
Ok, I'm hoping for an Andy's!

There is one near my parents in Johnston County. They sell the best hamburgers! Its designed after an old time diner. And...they have a great hamburger steak with slaw and fries! And...orangeades!

Count me in!

Vicki

Old 03-10-2007, 11:48 AM
MBM

8 posts, read 30,620 times
Yes, to everything VickiR said about Andy's. Love it!

If I am not mistaken, the building with all the stone right on the road will be the steak house. I haven't heard what some of the other buildings might be, but I would love to know.

Old 04-04-2007, 03:03 PM

22 posts, read 61,211 times
Chop House
Andy's
Some sort of organic grocery type place

I heard a few others, but these were the ones that interested me.

Old 04-04-2007, 08:23 PM

9 posts, read 35,437 times
I was in town last week for a few days to meet with the developer of our new home in Bedford at Falls River, so I took advantage of the great weather and drove around a bit. I basically wanted to find an alternate route out of Bedford that didn't include using Dunn to Falls of Neuse Rd. -- well I found it and, in doing so, bumped into the Falls River Town Center (Durant and Falls River Ave.). I was very impressed with the shopping center -- so much so, that I did a quick Google search when I got home and came across this:
http://www.hunterandassoc.com/property.aspx?pt=l&propID=21 (broken link)

Maybe Hunter and Associates can fill us in?

Old 04-04-2007, 08:29 PM

9 posts, read 35,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jellybiscuit View Post
Chop House
Andy's
Some sort of organic grocery type place

I heard a few others, but these were the ones that interested me.
RE: the organic grocery store....from newsobserver.com:
http://www.newsobserver.com/104/story/559423.html
Quote:
In Falls River Town Center in North Raleigh off Durant Road, Mystic Gardens Natural Foods will open in early May, selling organic and all-natural foods, plus offering workshops, seminars and information on healthy living.

Old 04-05-2007, 10:29 AM

Great Info NCHO! I have never heard of Mystic Gardens Natural Foods. I wonder what it will be like. Thanks for the link. We are looking forward to new places opening up there soon!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary