Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 08:08 PM

251 posts, read 1,140,908 times

Advertisements

Quote:
If you're looking for long term appreciation and want more land for the money, there are other areas I would recommend.
Well sheesh! Don't leave us hanging literally on a thread!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2007, 08:31 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,183,324 times
I'll add this little tidbit of info. to the mix...my company has a developement team (like all large real estate companies do) that has told us that they are buying up land as well as alot of other developers in Chatham County.

My personal opinion is that Rolesville is a cute little town, so the people spilling over from Wake Forest may consider that, although its a bit further to RTP (which is what made Cary and North Raleigh so desireable).

I still don't understand why North Raleigh didn't grow out towards Creedmoor.

If I were to bet on the next big growth, I'd have to go with Knightdale. But my crystal ball isn't working so it would just be a hunch!

Vicki

Old 01-26-2007, 08:38 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,839,922 times
Heritage just got permit sto start Heritage East, which will be in Rolesville... I think their presence & the amenities they attract make surrounding homes & land more valuable

Last edited by NYer; 01-26-2007 at 08:38 PM.. Reason: typos

Old 01-26-2007, 08:38 PM

17 posts, read 88,119 times
More land, go to Chatham county. Lots of land for the $. Long term appreciation is there but you have to be willing to hold onto it for awhile. If you want a good sized home with a good sized lot (I'm NOT talking about the average lot size in new home s/d's in Raleigh) then venture out to Fuquay, Holly Springs, and Wendell. Still good schools out there.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:41 PM

251 posts, read 1,140,908 times
Quote:
Heritage just got permit sto start Heritage East, which will be in Rolesville... I think their presence & the amenities they attract make surrounding homes & land more valuable
NYer, do you know about where they plan on putting that development?

Interesting.

Vicki, rumor has it that the powers that be in Creedmoor want slow growth up there and they're not exactly all that welcoming to developers. I guess they want some forests to remain standing.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:44 PM

105 posts, read 294,961 times
Interesting by the way where is Knightdale close to? Which is better in terms of growth Knightdale or Fuquay?

Old 01-26-2007, 08:47 PM

1,611 posts, read 4,839,922 times
Yes, on Rogers Road, just east of where it ends now... that is where Rolesville begins. Seems they want to push as far east as they can go!
But.....
According to the Wake Weekly there are small cemeteries on the land, possibly native American or African American!!!
Any of my fellow "oldsters" remember a little film called Poltergeist?

Old 01-26-2007, 08:48 PM

Knightdale is East of Raleigh by way of Rte. 64. They just opened 64 Bypass, making a commute to downtown Raleigh and RTP a snap. This past week, 540opened as well. Major development going on there. New Centex community: Churchill. I just sold in there and thought you couldn't go wrong. Great amenities, close to everything, decent sized homes still for under $200k.

A bit further east is Wendell, where an "anthem" is planned. It will be amazing. Numerous national builders are heading there. It's all planned and set for 2008. I have property out there and I am happy I do. Appreciation. This s/d will have it's own restaurants, cafes, shoppes, schools - even it's own exit off the highway.

Old 01-26-2007, 08:50 PM

I'm having flashbacks of the pool scene. Creepy.

Old 01-26-2007, 09:02 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,183,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipstone View Post
NYer, do you know about where they plan on putting that development?

Interesting.

Vicki, rumor has it that the powers that be in Creedmoor want slow growth up there and they're not exactly all that welcoming to developers. I guess they want some forests to remain standing.
Hey Skipstone...thanks for the info. Garner used to be the same way and look how it has recently grown. I love the ride from Strickland Road/Creedmoor Road to Creedmoor. I'm keeping my eye on Creedmoor...

Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary