U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2008, 12:23 PM

551 posts, read 1,780,807 times

Advertisements

My house was built by Preservation Homes and I really like it. How it holds up remains to be seen of course, but the design is nice. I like Bedford, I have no need for a large yard and don't really want to expense and upkeep, especially with the drought.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2008, 01:38 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,598,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sundaze View Post
My house was built by Preservation Homes and I really like it. How it holds up remains to be seen of course, but the design is nice. I like Bedford, I have no need for a large yard and don't really want to expense and upkeep, especially with the drought.
Yeah, they haven't been around long enough from what I've seen to stand the test of time. However, I've walked through all phases of their product, and I like their work much better than most (if not all).

Though, I'm sure the clay here what with all the contraction and compaction doesn't help the homes much (we never had to deal with clay before). I'm guessing Bedford has as much clay as any other? And that the clay issues are the same? Maybe such things are considered more in newer developments now. I dunno.

Old 04-26-2008, 02:25 PM

9,745 posts, read 28,605,306 times
I took a walk over to Bedford today to check out their Annual "Spring Fling". They had about 50 or so booths with local vendors (ranging from crafts, jewlery, to home renovations, and plumbing), Live Music, and some moon-walk type things for the kids.

Here are a few pics from the festivities.

The Bedford Spring Fling 2008

The Band rockin' out to AC/DC ("Back in Black")

It was hot so ice cream was a must

So was some shade!

Preferred mode of Transportation!

A blue square to rile up the kids! (I think he was supposed to be an Ink Cartridge!)

Old 04-26-2008, 02:37 PM

578 posts, read 2,954,523 times
I feel like I live in a bubble. I live right next door, drive through parts of Bedford daily during the week, and neighbors have relatives that live in Bedford. Never heard a peep about this.

Old 04-26-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gastric View Post
I feel like I live in a bubble. I live right next door, drive through parts of Bedford daily during the week, and neighbors have relatives that live in Bedford. Never heard a peep about this.
Don't feel too bad. The only reason I knew about it was because a friend of mine had a booth there. I guess this event was tailored to Bedford resisdents mainly, becasue they did zero advertising for it. Kind of odd if you ask me. Still it seemed like a nice community event. I think a little bit of advertising would have made it more of a success for the vendors though.

Old 04-28-2008, 12:59 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,598,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Still it seemed like a nice community event. I think a little bit of advertising would have made it more of a success for the vendors though.
...If not an opportunity to promote regionwide how successful a small community can be in developing unity. Opening up such an event could potentially increase interest in the community or promote building of similar well designed communities. Of course, I say this barring the inevitable invitation of less than human deviants who might take it as an opportunity to revisit at a later date. I really enjoy visiting communities like this that have such events on a regular basis. Makes me want to consider moving there myself (even though I already know I want to live in Bedford too).

Old 08-23-2008, 10:42 AM

Default Retail Development Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I was driving through Bedford the other day and noticed some signs up in a small vacant field close to the area where the clock tower is and where the old farmer's market was located. It looks like there are plans to develop the vacant field into some sort of retail development. The Sign advertised a fitness gym (Anytime Fitness) and a Pizza place (Cinelli's Pizza). There is also a sign for a daycare center (The Growing Years).

I really hope they get some place like a coffee shop or similar as I can easily walk to this location even though I do not live in Bedford. I am looking forward to the convenience!

Map showing location of future retail site in Bedford with the clock tower marked as a land mark.

Vacant Lot in Bedford that is slated for retail development in Spring 2008

Signs advertising some of the businesses planned

UPDATE ON PROGRESS

Obviously this project is behind schedule, but here are some recent pictures of the progress. With any luck they will have some stores open up here later in the fall. I am looking forward to it as I can easily walk there!

These pictures were taken on August 23, 2008

Old 08-25-2008, 05:46 PM

Thumbs up Some Final Pictures of Bedford from 2008

Here are a few additional pictures of Bedford that have been festering on my camera's memory card.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:51 PM

62 posts, read 139,891 times
Last Oct. We toured Bedford. It's a very pretty neighborhood with perfectly manicured yards. I feel in love with a house on Dunn Rd. that we looked at. It was pretty much everything we wanted and the price wasn't too far out of our thoughts. BUT it really had no yard and we have 3 small kids and want a yard for them to run. Our backyard in NYC is bigger and we're on .06 acres here. If we could have taken that house and put it on .50 acres, it would have been perfect.

Old 08-25-2008, 10:13 PM

1,489 posts, read 5,412,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjsalerno View Post
Last Oct. We toured Bedford. It's a very pretty neighborhood with perfectly manicured yards. I feel in love with a house on Dunn Rd. that we looked at. It was pretty much everything we wanted and the price wasn't too far out of our thoughts. BUT it really had no yard and we have 3 small kids and want a yard for them to run. Our backyard in NYC is bigger and we're on .06 acres here. If we could have taken that house and put it on .50 acres, it would have been perfect.
That looks like a pretty big yard in the picture above, and you don't have to pay to water it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary