U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2008, 11:28 AM

95 posts, read 202,578 times

Advertisements

So I'm sitting here watching my Bills in a pre-season game and thinking about how I will soon be leaving Rochester and will no longer have my local bars full of Bills fans. When we move, my boyfriend and I will probably get NFL network so I can catch the games, but sometimes it's fun to go out and watch a game surrounded by other cheering fans.

I know there's a lot of other Western NYers in the area, so any "Bills Bars" around?

Thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2008, 02:56 PM

80 posts, read 322,594 times
Buffalo Brothers on Capital Blvd is packed full of Bills fans on Sundays. You will feel right at home.

Old 08-10-2008, 02:57 PM

80 posts, read 322,594 times
Buffalo Brothers Pizza & Wing Company

Also no NFL network if you get Time Warner Cable in NC. You will need satellite.

Old 08-10-2008, 11:11 PM

249 posts, read 651,213 times
I cannot live without Directv. I may spend a lot of money, but I get to watch every game for my Skins and my Orioles. It is the #1 reason why I don't mind living away from my hometown.

Oh and yes Buffalo Brothers is the place to go. The food isnt too bad and I enjoy playing darts with some pals whenever we go.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:58 AM

95 posts, read 202,578 times
Default thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by dba4life View Post
Buffalo Brothers Pizza & Wing Company

Also no NFL network if you get Time Warner Cable in NC. You will need satellite.
I had no idea about that. Looks like I may be switching to satellite when I move...definitely can't get along without being able to watch my games!

And thanks everyone, I will definitely be checking out Buffalo Brothers when I get there!

Old 10-06-2008, 03:02 PM

419 posts, read 1,317,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by want2leaveNY View Post
I had no idea about that. Looks like I may be switching to satellite when I move...definitely can't get along without being able to watch my games!

And thanks everyone, I will definitely be checking out Buffalo Brothers when I get there!
Don't worry yourself over the NFL Network. The chances of them airing a Bills game are slim to none. Typically, they air the "Must See" games in an effort to gain subscribers. When was the last time that the Bills were involved in a "Must See" game that wasn't the playoffs?

Old 10-07-2008, 09:23 AM

249 posts, read 651,213 times
I believe they were referring the NFL Sports Pack. The NFL Network(the channel) doesn't really show any games. They just talk football 24/7. They may have some games later in the year, but thats about it. The NFL Sports Back by Directv will give you every single game, even for those poor unfortunate souls that root for the Detroit Lions.

Old 10-07-2008, 09:32 AM

22,974 posts, read 62,100,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by want2leaveNY View Post
So I'm sitting here watching my Bills in a pre-season game and thinking about how I will soon be leaving Rochester and will no longer have my local bars full of Bills fans. When we move, my boyfriend and I will probably get NFL network so I can catch the games, but sometimes it's fun to go out and watch a game surrounded by other cheering fans.

I know there's a lot of other Western NYers in the area, so any "Bills Bars" around?

Thanks
You can watch it in OJ Simpsons Jail cell

Old 10-07-2008, 09:38 AM

15,217 posts, read 28,565,031 times
Toronto, before long.

Oh, you meant in NC, right?

Old 10-07-2008, 11:40 AM

26 posts, read 58,976 times
Does Buffalo Brothers also show Sabres games? This could be my new favorite place to hang out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary