Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2008, 06:19 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times

Advertisements

Gangs are becoming much more of an issue at WCPSS.

Perhaps those considering coming here need to think again.

Gang activity up in Wake County schools :: WRAL.com

Old 08-12-2008, 06:36 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post

Saturnfan,

Don't you have two children who call the Triangle home? Have they decided to leave the area becasue of this news? I find that doubtful. I'm a little surprised you are latching on to any bit of negative news you can find in an effort to try and dissuade people from moving here. I mean how are we going to pay for all the new roads and schools if there aren't any new pockets to pick per your "Tax The Newcomers Plan"?

~ NRG

Old 08-12-2008, 06:40 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,600,206 times
Calm down NRG. We need people like Saturnfan to balance out Moderator cut: removed

Last edited by autumngal; 08-12-2008 at 07:56 AM.. Reason: leave it at that please, ty

Old 08-12-2008, 03:17 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,161,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Saturnfan,

Don't you have two children who call the Triangle home? Have they decided to leave the area becasue of this news? I find that doubtful. I'm a little surprised you are latching on to any bit of negative news you can find in an effort to try and dissuade people from moving here. I mean how are we going to pay for all the new roads and schools if there aren't any new pockets to pick per your "Tax The Newcomers Plan"?

~ NRG
My children are both adult state employees.

I just want people who think this is Heaven to realize there are problems here just like everywhere else.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:21 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,848,785 times
I highly doubt that anyone besides a real estate agent would be calling raleigh heaven. all places have problems. people might attracted to raleigh for lower cost of living, and less snow, but I highly doubt people are referring to it as heaven.

Quote:

I just want people who think this is Heaven to realize there are problems here just like everywhere else.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:25 PM

331 posts, read 1,311,226 times
Quote:

Anyone who thinks that any city of this size does not come with its "issues" has blinders on....or are ignorant. Even small towns have their own problems. Do people think that Raleigh is heaven. I just moved here for a better quality of life but certainly dont think it is heaven. But it is definitely much better than where I came from.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:33 PM

2,392 posts, read 5,723,689 times
From the posts on this forum, you can see where Saturnfan would infer that people think that Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill is God's Country.

Old 08-12-2008, 03:35 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,712,871 times
Quote:

Please name me a city in America the sizes or Raleigh or Charlotte that DON'T have a gang presence. They really are everywhere unfortunately.

What people thinking of coming here REALLY need to consider is bigger issues like having a job before they pull up stakes and move half way across the country. It just floors me the number of people who take such a risk! If you don't have a job before you move to NC, and then you can't find one for months once you get here, you have no one to blame but yourself - not NC.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:14 PM

5,500 posts, read 10,519,428 times
Just a local who hates transplants who make a lot of money and buy big houses trying to scare people off.

Old 08-12-2008, 04:19 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Please name me a city in America the sizes or Raleigh or Charlotte that DON'T have a gang presence. They really are everywhere unfortunately.

What people thinking of coming here REALLY need to consider is bigger issues like having a job before they pull up stakes and move half way across the country. It just floors me the number of people who take such a risk! If you don't have a job before you move to NC, and then you can't find one for months once you get here, you have no one to blame but yourself - not NC.
True, I agree with that. There are gangs all over the place, not just Raleigh. I think it's a good idea to have a job first before moving anywhere. Some argue though, you can't even get an interview without a local address. It's catch 22.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary