Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 08:10 AM

2,697 posts, read 8,674,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtNC View Post
Just a point of clarification: Mike said Preston Village which has its own pool so you do not need to join Prestonwood for the pool. Although I realize the OP said Preston. And there are other communities in that general area that have community pools.
The Preston Village pool is part of the CC and you do have to join.

Preston Village
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2008, 08:14 AM

1,886 posts, read 4,803,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lpetrella View Post
Thank you. Do you know any good neighborhoods in that area so I can look at them specifically? I appreciate the help. I love Heritage in WF, but have heard that commute can be long sometimes. Resale is a big concern.
Cary Park
Amberly
Highcroft
Highcroft Village
Cameron Pond
Weldon Ridge
Hilliard Forest
Horton's Creek
Weycroft (slightly above your price range but lovely)

Old 08-14-2008, 09:09 AM

114 posts, read 372,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sls76 View Post
The Preston Village pool is part of the CC and you do have to join.

Preston Village
sls,

Thanks for the correction and sorry for my misunderstanding. Still, there are other communities in that immediate area (Riggsbee Farm, Carramore, etc.) that have community pools and good schools and are very close to RTP.

Old 08-14-2008, 09:54 AM

488 posts, read 1,551,417 times
We've lived in Heritage for over 5 years and we love the neighborhood. It's a very family oriented neighborhood and it's actually affordable to join the the club (Wakefield, Brier Creek and Preston are all serveral thousand dollars more in initiation and you have a food and beverage minimum.) As a results most people in Heritage do have the club membership which makes it even easier to meet people when you are new to the area.

We really have everything that we need right in the neighborhood and I think the factory is a wonderful amenity for families.

As far as commute time, we lived in Cary the first year that we lived in the area and our commute to RTP was the same timewise as it is now from Heritage. The only difference is mileage. We both decided that if we were going to spend 25 minutes commuting each way we'd at least like to be moving and not sitting at a standstill. I would say probably 50% of the people who live in Heritage commute to RTP (at least those that we know) so it's really not a bad commute.

Good Luck on your search and welcome to the area.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:14 AM
Status: "Made the Retirement Run in under 12 parsecs!!!" (set 8 days ago)

43,089 posts, read 76,670,112 times
Quote:
Thank you. Do you know any good neighborhoods in that area so I can look at them specifically? I appreciate the help. I love Heritage in WF, but have heard that commute can be long sometimes. Resale is a big concern.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funky Chicken View Post
Cary Park
Amberly
Highcroft
Highcroft Village
Cameron Pond
Weldon Ridge
Hilliard Forest
Horton's Creek
Weycroft (slightly above your price range but lovely)
lpetrella, I certainly agree with Funky Chicken that these neighborhoods are worth investigating.
And that for resale you need to be very careful in selecting the home/site.

Great neighborhoods and easy commute to RTP.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:51 AM

3,031 posts, read 9,069,292 times
FWIW, I have friends who moved from MA and bought in Preston. They found the area very family friendly. In fact, the weekend I stayed over at their house (they were out of town) the neighbors came over to meet me since they knew I was there in an empty house. They wanted to make sure I had something planned to occupy my free time.

Old 08-17-2008, 04:03 AM

11 posts, read 23,294 times
Default From France to NC

Vickie,
Thank you for responding to my prior message. We are primarily interested in Chatham County. Could you recommend a buyer's agent who covers that area?

Michal Cline

Old 09-05-2009, 12:24 PM

17 posts, read 38,616 times
lpetrell, I'm not sure if you still post here, but if you do, I'm very curioius what area you chose because now I'm in the same situation deciding between Cary and N. Raleigh/Wake Forest Areas. :-)

Old 09-05-2009, 12:38 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,163,179 times
Quote:
We are moving to the Traingle this fall from NH and I need some advice on the best neighborhood/area to live.
we are in the $500K range and have looked at the following areas:
Heritage in Wake Forest
Wakefield - North Raleigh
Preston in Cary
Brier Creek in Raliegh

I am at a loss to know what area is best.
My husband will be working at RTP and I work from home. We have a 3 year old and a 1 year old so a nice, young, friendly neighborhood is ideal.
Schools are very important to us - though we know it is hard to know what will be the school in 3 years when my son enters elementary. But I know some areas are considered "better than others".
As for the house - 4+ bed, 2 bath - updated or new with a nice yard (over .3 acre ideally)....walking distance to school, park or shops would be great.
Also - this is a 3-5 year move - so resale is important as well.
What is the "best" place to live considering all that???
I am open to anywhere in the triangle area.
I'd suggest Heritage (out of your choices). If you like a large neighborhood with all the amenties, Heritage is it but I'd also recommend Bedford.

In your price range, you have quite alot of choices.

The over .3 acre may not work out but you should have no problem matching the rest of your criteria.

Vicki

Old 09-06-2009, 08:19 PM

441 posts, read 1,288,716 times
Look at Northamptons in Wake Forest lots a little ones, small subdivision with pool and yes it has a path that leads to Jonesdairy elem. off the main road but at the present there are limited homes here. Heritage is real nice but you will not be walking any kids to school, major am school taffic.

stlh.com.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary