Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2010, 09:17 AM

633 posts, read 1,164,447 times

Advertisements

We are considering buying in Northamption sub division in Wake Forest, not far from Heritage. Can anyone give some of their insight on it? Would be very much appreciated!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2010, 06:14 PM

441 posts, read 1,291,336 times
Northampton. A residential community in Wake Forest, North Carolina

I live here and like it, It's pretty quite towards the back of the sub-d, if you have kids in elementary school then you can walk to school through a path that links the school to the sub-d. Its pretty low key here and everyone is pretty nice. If you live on Ridgemount St. then you will see some cut through traffic. Are you buying new ? The first builder here St.Lawrence went into BR a few years back and left the upkeep to us, now that Standard Pacific is here they are picking some of the cost.

Last edited by dchz1; 12-14-2010 at 06:39 PM..

Old 12-15-2010, 10:22 AM

dchz1- I sent you a PM

Old 12-19-2010, 05:25 PM

16 posts, read 35,884 times
SINY2NC - We recently moved from NY also and are looking to buy/build in Wake Forest. We looked at Northampton a few weeks ago and definitely liked the model we saw. The homes are very well priced because apparently SP got the lots at a great deal after St. Lawrence went bankrupt. Are you considering any other subdivisions in WF?

Old 12-20-2010, 09:21 AM

Default Wake Forest

We like Heritage, but it is very pricey, we liked Thornrose, Stonegate. We loved Highland Creek, which technically is Raleigh but zoned for Knightdale HS, so we aren't considering it at this time. Also looked at Bowling Green, Shearon Farms and some other subdivisons. Where are you considering? Where are you from? I'm hoping my house sells soon or we won't be moving in 2011. :-( We are coming down in February again.

Old 12-20-2010, 04:38 PM

16 posts, read 35,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINY2NC View Post
We like Heritage, but it is very pricey, we liked Thornrose, Stonegate. We loved Highland Creek, which technically is Raleigh but zoned for Knightdale HS, so we aren't considering it at this time. Also looked at Bowling Green, Shearon Farms and some other subdivisons. Where are you considering? Where are you from? I'm hoping my house sells soon or we won't be moving in 2011. :-( We are coming down in February again.

We actually looked at a few places in Apex, Cary, and Bowling Green, Northampton, Heritage, and Bishops Grant in Wake Forest and pretty much narrowed it down to Wake Forest. Seems like we can get most of what we're looking for in our budget in Wake Forest, and might have to compromise in the other areas. Heritage is a bit out of our price range, but the others seem very doable! We're from NY, long island, but have been in NC for about a year.

Old 12-20-2010, 08:30 PM

4,532 posts, read 8,866,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINY2NC View Post
FYI - re Highland Creek - check wake co website. they are notifying folks in the general area that they will reassign students, change base schools and yr round options for the southern end of NE Raleigh and across to the area of Hodge Rd. I don't know if this includes Highland and how far north this affects. I"ve gotten 2 letters so far about this. They will vote on it Feb 1. I think it's a done deal.

Old 08-29-2013, 02:44 PM

21 posts, read 32,085 times
Does anyone have any new and updated info on Highland Creel, Massey preserve, Braefield, or any other surrounding communities. I am looking for a neighborhood with a lot of children. I'm guessing that kids will tend to play with other kids in their neighborhood, more than the kids at school.....is this correct?
Realtors are not allowed to give out that information.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary