Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-28-2007, 10:14 PM

105 posts, read 295,356 times

Advertisements

I need to get a few opinions on the best homes or resale homes for the price range. Raleigh area from Holly springs to Fuquay preferably new home community. I will be down in NC in the next couple of weeks and don't want to be driving lost all over the place looking for homes. I heard good things about Knightsdale and Fuquay so those will be one of the places I will be checking out. Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-28-2007, 10:47 PM

32 posts, read 125,055 times
I'm a little biased but check out Sunset Oaks in Holly Springs; we just bought there. The neighborhood is on Optimist Farm rd. It's new construction and the foreman in my section of the community told me that there will be 80 (!!) more homes going up in our area alone. Prices have gone up already.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:20 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,561,845 times
Sunset Oaks is a nice community. I sold in there also, and my client loves it there. Some of the homes are close together, so depending on if you like that or not. If you haven't been here before, I say get yourself an agent that will be willing to tour the area with you , and give you several options. Give that agent your criteria, of what your looking for in a home, so he/she can do the research ahead of time for you. I just spent another weekend in the car, with clients from NJ and went from Clayton, to Wake Forest, and then out to Durham and back to Brier Creek area. Unfortunately the weekend ran out, and we never got to Cary, Apex, Holly Springs and Fuquay. That will have to be another trip, unless you can come for more than a weekend. We went in over 20 homes and a couple new communities, which takes the better part of a day. Not knowing the area, and touring yourself can be fun too, but you find yourself lost at times, and wasting the short time that you have. Lots of great agents in the area, that would be willing to show you what you need to see in your price point. Have a great time exploring, and if I can help you let me know.

Have a great day,

Debbie

Old 01-29-2007, 06:22 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,561,845 times
One more thing....As far as Best homes in that price point, too many to list. It really is what your looking for in an area. Different strokes for different folks.

Old 01-29-2007, 06:26 AM

1,531 posts, read 7,405,822 times
Does it have to be new construction?

I see tons of really nice homes in that price range listed in the Oakwood, Mordecai, and Five Points neighborhoods.

Old 01-29-2007, 09:41 AM

Thanks for the responses, working with an agent is probably the best way. No it doesn't have to be new construction, would be nice though. I might forget to mention that a nice size lot would be nice 1/4 acre would be lovely. What city are these communties you list in RaleighRob?

Old 01-29-2007, 09:54 AM

^ Neighborhoods in Raleigh.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:03 PM

404 posts, read 2,615,683 times
i went to a website and it seems the ones in oakwood,mordecai,five points that have good sq footage are way above 300,000.

Old 01-29-2007, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by canine7 View Post
i went to a website and it seems the ones in oakwood,mordecai,five points that have good sq footage are way above 300,000.
Heh...well, guess depends on one's definition of "good" square footage.
Actually, I didn't factor that into the search...I just put in the price range the poster cited and hit search.

Old 01-29-2007, 02:43 PM

Which site is that? Where can I go to view some of these communities?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary