U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2007, 08:20 AM

10 posts, read 24,028 times

Advertisements

I am planning to move to Clayton once my house in NH sells. I would like to rent first to get to know the area and then buy a home. What is the rental situation like in Clayton? Rentals are practically non-existent here. I found the Candlewood Subdivision on line and would appreciate any information about this place. It looks good. Also any other general information about Clayton - good neighborhoods in the lower price range (getting divorced, buying in the less than $150 range, 3BR), what are the high and middle schools like, are the schools crowded, is redistricing coming, how safe is Clayton? Thanks a lot!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 08:21 PM

12 posts, read 57,075 times
I moved to Clayton last June and stayed at the Amelia Village Apts. for 4 months 'til I found a great house 3bd, 2bth, fabulous property, in a Flowers Plantation subdivision. I liked the apartments, very nice complex, just off main Hwy 70 and walking distance to shopping , restaurants, etc.

Old 02-05-2007, 07:41 PM

12 posts, read 32,495 times
Clayton rental information, schools, neighborhoods?

I moved to Clayton from DC last year, I live off Amelia Church and here is what I find:

The rental situation is quite good here and there is a company on Main Street which helps with rental and relocation. The Clayton Chamber of Commerce 919-553-6352 will give you the number.

The schools are becoming somewhat "crowded" by Claton's standard but the Education Board is very proactive and the teachers are motivated and doing a very good job as educators. I was involved with the local school system in MD so I have a good point of comparison.

House prices will vary from $80,000 to $500,000+ depending on the type of house that you are looking for, but a nice 3+2 townhome can be found for @ $100.000.

What I like best in Clayton is its small town center, focused around Main Street, the feeling of relative security and the friendly yet efficient local police. It is a great place for children to grow up with good values, and it is only 20 minutes away from downtown Raleigh.

Last edited by Solange Darcy; 02-05-2007 at 07:50 PM.. Reason: Spellcheck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary