Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-29-2007, 08:51 AM

152 posts, read 622,593 times

Advertisements

We have found a home in Wake Forest that we really love in a community called St Ives in Wake Forest.
Can anyone tell me if there are any decent restaurants other than the normal chains? We couldn't find any so are thinking we may need to have to go into Raleigh for some decent food!!
Also are we right in thinking from here to the airport is roughly 40 mins? My husband may need to go to Orlando once a week for a day or two to begin with. Other than that we do not have to commute at all as we work from home which is why we feel we could purchse a home that much further out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2007, 09:31 AM

3,124 posts, read 12,664,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy02 View Post
We have found a home in Wake Forest that we really love in a community called St Ives in Wake Forest.
Can anyone tell me if there are any decent restaurants other than the normal chains? We couldn't find any so are thinking we may need to have to go into Raleigh for some decent food!!
Also are we right in thinking from here to the airport is roughly 40 mins? My husband may need to go to Orlando once a week for a day or two to begin with. Other than that we do not have to commute at all as we work from home which is why we feel we could purchse a home that much further out.
It's probably less then then 40 minutes to RDU depending on the time of day. There are non-chain resturants in WF...just not many so you can find decent food. Wake Forest really is not the sticks.

Skippers down town, there is also Shuckers across Captial, several good mexican places, near you many people think highly of Briggs, there is Milton's in Wakefield (local place with two resturants) for pizza, and several new resturants down around the Factory and on South Main.

Wake Forest doesn't have romantic find dining (yet)....but plenty of resturants.

Old 01-29-2007, 05:27 PM

11 posts, read 48,726 times
The Blue Fin restaurant has great food. It is on Rogers Road by Harris Teeter. I've been there three times and it has been consistently good. Also nice atmosphere.

Old 01-29-2007, 07:06 PM

21 posts, read 76,460 times
Default Wf

Yes to Blue Finn, nice spot.
Also, now that 540 is moving around the northern corridor, you can jump on it from Capital or 401 and get the the airport in 30 mins easy. I used to commute from Capital/540 to Green Hope HS on the Cary/Morrisville border.
Getting to RDU was always the easy part of the drive.
Also, 540 to 64 is a quick pathway to downtown Raleigh.
Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary