Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 11:32 AM

1,074 posts, read 3,246,884 times

Advertisements

It's been on the market at a really low price forever. It's for sale by owner. I keep thinking- it must be the location or the condition or something. You don't see such big lots inside the beltline usually. 2315 Newbern. Someone clue me in on what I'm missing. I'm a North Raleigh-ite (transplant from Ohio 5 years ago) and don't know much about ITB realty. We wish we could afford a place there, but will be lucky to get inside 540 let alone 440!

Moderator cut: url removed

Last edited by autumngal; 08-17-2008 at 05:48 PM.. Reason: no re links as per the terms of service please,ty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 11:53 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,308,858 times
Could be either of those things. It could also be the kitchen cabinets, the wood paneling and the pink tile. Some people may like those things, but personally, it would turn me off of the house. Yes, they can be replaced, but I'm not the kind who wants to plunk down a big chunk o'change on a house, then turn around and have to do a lot of work to it. Those are messy, expensive jobs.

Old 08-17-2008, 11:57 AM

9,848 posts, read 30,289,282 times
The long view Neighborhood off of New Bern is a very cool neighborhood with mature landscaping, large lots and some of the homes are on a small pond / lake. However, some of the surrounding area along New Bern Avenue is not the best area so it doesn't command top dollar prices. This house in particular appears to be located directly on New Bern Avenue which is a busy street and I think would hurt the value. I like the Long View neighborhood, but I would want my house to be inside the neighborhood and not out on busy New Bern Avenue. That is my take on this house.

Old 08-17-2008, 12:02 PM

1,780 posts, read 3,931,766 times
Just chiming in: It is possible your house is not being given any attention by realtors because you have not listed it with them. I suspect that people who look at unlisted houses might have a hard time finding yours. Do you have it advertised anywhere?
J

Old 08-17-2008, 05:43 PM

57 posts, read 246,065 times
I think it's a pretty cool house - 3000 sq inside, big basement, solid brick outside and large lot... it has some character. Little aesthetic dislikes (like cabinet doors) can be easily be changed over time... isn't that part of making a house an individual home that reflects whoever lives there? Maybe that's just me.

When I did a Google search for "2315 New Bern" (as the link had already been removed for some reason), I did (accidentaly) find that the house belongs to a former player for the Philadelphia Eagles (in the lates 60's)... It isn't proper to list people's names, so I'll just say the search results showed the owner's name and address as part of Google's Book Search - it is in a book called "Celebrity Black Book"... Could be a cool talking point when talking about the history of the home!

Old 04-24-2009, 03:12 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,246,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanD'Arc View Post
Just chiming in: It is possible your house is not being given any attention by realtors because you have not listed it with them. I suspect that people who look at unlisted houses might have a hard time finding yours. Do you have it advertised anywhere?
J
Joan,

Nice assumption, but it is not my house and never has been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary