Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2008, 11:32 AM

862 posts, read 3,539,070 times

Advertisements

If it's south of that area with heading toward Chapel Hill being in the southern direction, I'm thinking that this area would be in my area. Some streets that come to mind are Dixon, Chapel Hill Rd., Old Chapel Hill Rd. (up the street and around the corner from the other one) Mossdale, and lots of other small, quiet side streets. I'm pretty sure there's some fixing up going on at the house on the corner of University and Mossdale.

I think the Rockwood area is in a western direction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 12:57 PM

531 posts, read 1,977,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mia78 View Post
If it's south of that area with heading toward Chapel Hill being in the southern direction, I'm thinking that this area would be in my area. Some streets that come to mind are Dixon, Chapel Hill Rd., Old Chapel Hill Rd. (up the street and around the corner from the other one) Mossdale, and lots of other small, quiet side streets. I'm pretty sure there's some fixing up going on at the house on the corner of University and Mossdale.

I think the Rockwood area is in a western direction.
Umm, I think you've got your directions a bit mixed up, but that's okay!

I was referring to the area where you'll find such streets as Oxford, Stanford, Winton, Stuart (which does extend into the Rockwood neighborhood) and suchlike. For instance, I know a house on Winton sold last fall, 3/2 on at least 1/2 acre for 180K. The area is NOT an organized subdivision in any way as many of the houses were built when that section of Durham was still in the county. Imagine that!

Old 08-18-2008, 03:52 PM

405 posts, read 1,765,884 times
You're talking about adjacent areas--Dixon/Old CH Rd. is just a couple of blocks west from Oxford, etc. We looked at homes in that area when we moved here; one on Bexley stands out in my mind for having a crack in the 2nd floor ceiling from one end of the house to the other. I'm no structural engineer, but I figured that was bad, so I stayed away We also looked at a home on Oxford that REEKED of mildew (this was in 2004). Cute area, though. Had I known I'd be working at Duke when we bought, I'd have looked harder there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary