Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 09:49 AM

36 posts, read 147,373 times

Advertisements

Just moved to the area within the past 2 months.....need help. Are there any Christmas shops in the area? I want to buy an assortment of ornaments,etc. for a wedding gift and need to find resources. Thanks in advance for any tips.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 AM

892 posts, read 3,152,245 times
The pottery place down in the Smithfield outlets used to have Christmas decs out year round.

Old 08-18-2008, 09:58 PM

152 posts, read 540,290 times
Not sure how much time you have to shop before this wedding but I'll mention this anyway. Just drove back from a tournament this weekend and saw a warehouse type of store on I-40. It is called 365 Christmas and was around Burlington. I hadn't really noticed this before so I don't know how long it's been open.

Otherwise, I immediately thought of the pottery store in Smithfield too. I'd add DeWaynes, also located at the outlet stores. I thought they had some of their Christmas out year round too, or may have had some out recently for "Christmas in July". Heck, they might even be putting it out soon, that stuff goes up early these days.

Lastly, and not knowing your timeframe, I might add Broadway at the Beach and/or Barefoot Landing in Myrtle Beach. I believe their Christmas ornament shops are year round. It's a bit far, but you might be able to swing a beach weekend out of it.

Good Luck.

Old 08-18-2008, 10:08 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,354,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakesTwo View Post
Not sure how much time you have to shop before this wedding but I'll mention this anyway. Just drove back from a tournament this weekend and saw a warehouse type of store on I-40. It is called 365 Christmas and was around Burlington. I hadn't really noticed this before so I don't know how long it's been open.
365 Christmas has been around for over a year already. They do have a website. I was there last year, plan on going back in Oct. The store is huge...great selections...displayed by themes & colors...nativities in every size, both indoor & outdoor.....garland, wreaths, home decor, lights...EVERYTHING! Good prices, too.

Have fun!

BxRosie

Old 08-19-2008, 06:20 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,966,787 times
I was just at Christmas 365 yesterday! Pretty cool store! Its right next door to J&R in Burlington, so just follow the signs for J&R and you'll find it. I also second (or third) Carolina Pottery in Smithfield.

Another favorite place if you are willing to travel, is the stores at Broadway at the Beach & Barefoot Landing in Myrtle Beach. Totally worth going to if you are already down there on vacation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary