Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2008, 06:13 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,273,258 times

Advertisements

Although it has been open since February 2008 my wife and I just ran across this place this past weekend while driving around downtown Raleigh. It is a cool marketplace place occupies an older brick building along West Street. They sell second hand vintage furniture and original artwork and crafts. If you are downtown it is a cool place to check out. We met the owner who is from Clayton and she was very nice and seems to have a great concept going. Anybody know other places like this? I'm glad to see stores like this owned and operated by local entrepreneurs open up in Downtown Spaces.

Purple Armchari - Vintage Everything!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 06:38 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,641,789 times
Not sure if you already know of these as they have been around longer, but Father & Son (Hargett St) and Stuff Consignment (Martin St). Both sell various vintage and consignment items, including furniture, clothing and tchotchkes/kitsch. You can definitely find some interesting things at both.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:18 AM

932 posts, read 3,096,607 times
I'll have to check it out. There's also a great shop beside the White Rabbit Bookstore on Dawson street.

Old 08-19-2008, 07:42 AM

351 posts, read 1,194,207 times
They are so nice at the Purple Armchair! And Ornamentea is right across the street.

Ornamentea

I wish I lived closer to that area sometimes.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:50 AM

10,728 posts, read 22,813,762 times
Quote:
There's also a great shop beside the White Rabbit Bookstore on Dawson street
You mean Martin St--I think that's the one mentioned in the post above yours.

Old 08-19-2008, 08:59 AM

528 posts, read 1,462,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
Although it has been open since February 2008 my wife and I just ran across this place this past weekend while driving around downtown Raleigh. It is a cool marketplace place occupies an older brick building along West Street. They sell second hand vintage furniture and original artwork and crafts. If you are downtown it is a cool place to check out. We met the owner who is from Clayton and she was very nice and seems to have a great concept going. Anybody know other places like this? I'm glad to see stores like this owned and operated by local entrepreneurs open up in Downtown Spaces.

Purple Armchari - Vintage Everything!
Places like this are hidden gems and are fun to check out b/c it's always full of unique items -- right up my alley! Thank you for posting this -- I can't wait to check it out on our visit next weekend. Thanks, NRG.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:50 AM

932 posts, read 3,096,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francois View Post
You mean Martin St--I think that's the one mentioned in the post above yours.

You're right.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:53 AM

1 posts, read 4,426 times
Thumbs up Purple Armchair and Habitat for Humanity

Purple Armchair really is a great place to check out. Often! Because the merchandise changes all the time. And here's another reason to show your support for this cool marketplace on West Street: They're hosting an auction and fundraiser for Habitat for Humanity of Wake County on October 11. Artists have turned old wooden chairs from Habitat/Wake's ReStore into original works of art that will be auctioned off that evening. I hear there's going to be food and wine and live music, too. What a great thing for this new place in downtown Raleigh to do -- to give back to the community. You can check out the details at the website: [url=http://www.purplearmchair.com]Purple Armchair -- Art... Vintage... Everything![/url].
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary