Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2008, 11:33 PM

26 posts, read 59,050 times

Advertisements

I recently visited prestonwood country club and thought it was wonderful.Tons of kids at pool and playing golf.As i have children which are avid golfers i would not mind the fees.But could anyone advise if there are a lot of social events that go on for families.Also what is the policy if grandparents come for a visit and want to take my kids to the pool,are they allowed in?One last question.Is there a limit on the amount of rounds a member can play per week or month?Thank you in advance.GO REDSOX!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2008, 05:56 AM

250 posts, read 1,245,857 times
They do have quite a few social events for families, typically at keys point of the year (e.g., July 4th and Labor Day cookouts, a family camp day toward the end of July when everyone pitches tents on the driving range, an Easter Egg hunt that is crazy fast (all the eggs gone less than twenty seconds--I'm not kidding!, member tickets to the SAS tournament, twice monthly family night dinners with entertainers, Breakfast with Santa, etc.). We only have a social membership, so I'm no familiar if there are other family opportunities with the tennis and golf membership, but I imagine there would be. Oh, I forgot to mention that they also have Parents night out every Friday and Saturday evening where you can drop your kid(s) off for a fee from 6-10 and they provide dinner and a movie for them in the Kids Club section. They also have track out camps and Mom's mornings out. Track out camps typically have field trips every day (whether to a park, movie, Lifetime Fitness, bowling, batting cages, skating, a museum, the zoo, etc.).

Oh, grandparent policy. The can take the kids to the pool, but you as a member would need to sign them in as guests. If they are relatively elderly or it's clear that they won't be swimming they shouldn't have to pay a guest fee. The club has a membership tag for each adult that must be scanned to let you access the pool/fitness area. The staff will look to make sure the person matches the face within the computer system. so I think it might be difficult for grandparents to take the kids to the pool alone.

Vicky the membership director should be able to give you additional information for that particular question. I hope this helps...

Old 08-20-2008, 06:32 AM

718 posts, read 2,972,993 times
Just adding that it is 5.00 per person to use the pool for any guests you bring to the pool. The same people can only use the pool 6 times per year, although they don't ask for id so not sure how they would know who's who.

Old 08-21-2008, 12:27 AM

26 posts, read 59,050 times
Thank You for the info,hope to be enjoying beautiful Preston area by the spring.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:17 PM

188 posts, read 748,346 times
With a full membership, you will have no restrictions on the amount of golf you can play.

Old 06-20-2010, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 3,440 times
im not an adult so about the kids club.the kids are only happy there for parents date night if they are 10 and younger.i dont care what they say, over 10 its REALLY boring. and they have the WORST MOVIESSS!!! so basicaly i wouldnt drop your kids off at the date night thing. but my family is social members and we LOVE the pool <3
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary