Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2008, 08:32 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,282,498 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are headed to Clayton Saturday evening to catch some music from a Zydeco Band called Zydecopious at the Flipside in Clayton. We might have some time to kill before seeing the band play at 9pm. What are some good ideas on places to pick up a bite to eat? Is there anything else we should check out in downtown Clayton? I don't make it to Clayton much so I want to make the most out of my trip there. What should I explore while there???

Thanks!

~ NRG
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2008, 04:30 AM

143 posts, read 708,683 times
NRG - For a good place to eat, I suggest the Clayton Steakhouse. I ate there with my in-laws and everyone thought it was great! I am relatively new to Clayton, so I can't suggest things to do, but would be interested to know, as well!

Old 08-21-2008, 05:05 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,982,732 times
I also recommend Mulberry on Main if you are in the mood for Italian. I havent checked out Clayton steakhouse yet. Also, the mexican restaurant on main (at the top by hwy 70) is also really good.

Old 08-21-2008, 06:00 AM

106 posts, read 344,097 times
I second Mulberry on Main !!!!!!!!

Old 08-21-2008, 06:21 AM

12,626 posts, read 32,057,839 times
NRG, don't forget your camera!

Old 08-21-2008, 07:10 AM

892 posts, read 3,161,189 times
How about The Coffee Mill (just get there before nine)!!!

http://www.ncesf.org/CESF/home.htm

http://www.gailoneildesign.com/

Old 08-21-2008, 07:31 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,241,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jnj873 View Post
NRG - For a good place to eat, I suggest the Clayton Steakhouse. I ate there with my in-laws and everyone thought it was great! I am relatively new to Clayton, so I can't suggest things to do, but would be interested to know, as well!
We met some friends there for dinner on Tuesday night and it was delicious! Wonderful (though not quite as large as Peddler) salad bar and the steak was great. Price for the 10 oz. ribeye was about $22, which includes salad bar, steak and potato.

For dessert, we got a chocolate cake that was not too rich but great flavor.

We usually go to The Peddler Steak House, but Clayton Steak House is comparable (real estate term!).

Vicki

Old 08-21-2008, 10:58 AM

15,216 posts, read 30,553,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
NRG, don't forget your camera!
Indeed. I've got no more use for the cookie-cutter sprawl that dots 70 than I do anywhere else, but that's a cool little downtown they've got. Only problem with it is it's a pain to drive and park along Main, which is rather narrow with people parallel-parked all along the street. Sometimes I'd pull out of a parking lot not knowing what was coming.

I used to just park in the parking lot of that grocery store at Second/Lombard and walk over. That was easier. Have fun.

Old 08-21-2008, 02:02 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,964,579 times
A poster here (Hula) told me that you can get real Chicago Italian beef sandwiches in Clayton on Hwy. 70, a place called Hungry's. I haven't been but I love those sandwiches so much I would drive to Clayton for one!

Old 08-21-2008, 03:12 PM

49 posts, read 152,121 times
I concur on the recs for both Clayton Steakhouse and Mulberry on Main. If you are in the mood for adventure and want to try genuine Mexican eats, try Oaxaca on Main Street. It's small and I don't beleive they have an ABC permit, but the food is traditional Oaxacan--this is not your americanized chi chis!

As for things to do, you could go karting at Rush Hour Karting in Garner on the way down 70. The Clayton Center usually has something going on, though some weekends it is private events; they have not announced their new season yet except for the Shawn Colvin concert and that is not til September. You could hit golf balls at the range. Fancy That, a great gift shop is open late on Saturdays--not sure the exact hours but I love browsing the store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary