U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2008, 05:32 PM

4 posts, read 13,333 times

Advertisements

Would love to hear anything anyone has to say about Old Chatham Golf Course. I am aware of the fees/dues. Have already looked into Brier Creek and RCC. How does the course stand up compared to other private clubs in the area?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 08:56 AM

1,112 posts, read 2,740,604 times
I have seen the Old Chatham Course from the air a few times when flying into RDU and it looks a great course. However, having looked at it's web site it seems extrememly pretentious and not sure I would want to be a member of such an 'elitist' club - I did chuckle to myself when I saw your city data name and how that would go down with the great and good at Old Chatham

It is a great shame that the nearest course to Cary Park is so restrictive and having to drive 20 or 30 miles to the nearest reasonable afordable quality courses is a nuisance - and I have excluded Brier Creek and Preston on afordability grounds. Pity we don't have somewhere like River Ridge or Falls Village where Old Chatham is located. But then we all have different views on how we determine afordability.

Old 01-23-2009, 03:51 PM

1,364 posts, read 5,821,004 times
I will be playing Old Chatham in a couple of weeks - if you're still reading this thread, I'll report back for you.

Old 01-23-2009, 07:55 PM

36 posts, read 68,470 times
Have played at Old Chatham often and find it to be a great course with a very accomodating staff. They have just completed the club house, which is great. The course is usually wide open for play and the range facilities are fantastic. The members there do not seem to be pretentious at all, and similar to meeting with other folks that I have played with at Finley, Duke, etc. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Old 02-09-2009, 09:44 AM

1,364 posts, read 5,821,004 times
Just played Old Chatham and I found it to be an excellent golf course. Immaculate conditions, quick and true greens (Best I've played in the state thusfar out of probably 30-40 courses)

Wide hole corridors, NO houses on the course anywhere, beautiful new clubhouse (not a huuuuuge one). Easy to not lose a ball, hard to score very low.

Very friendly as well. I was pleasantly surprised with Old Chatham - I'd put the course on par with Hasentree...depending on the day, I can see liking one over the other and flip-flopping. Both new money clubs, which is just fine with me!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary