Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2008, 04:15 PM

9,848 posts, read 30,269,512 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_roethlisberger View Post
On the one hand it amazes me that a major metro area like Raleigh/Durham, including Cary, WF, and even Greensboro to the West and Fayetteville to the SE do not host a large amusement or water park.
I've never been to it, but isn't Emerald Pointe in Greensboro.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2008, 04:27 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,484,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by al_roethlisberger View Post
On the one hand it amazes me that a major metro area like Greensboro to the West do not host a large amusement or water park.
As others have state Greensboro has Emerald Pointe and it has been there for decades it use to be run by Water Country USA

Concord is developing a water park resort that will open in 2009
Great Wolf Lodge - Concord - Waterparks

Old 08-29-2008, 07:03 PM

43,258 posts, read 77,021,463 times
"If I were a "bazillionaire" , I'd add this to my list of "to dos" for our area so local families would have a local park to visit, and create a tourist attraction that could bring a lot of family/community friendly revenue for our area as well. But unfortunately I am not. Do any of you know a "bazillionaire" ? *laugh*

Anyway, I just thought I'd share another pipe-dream of mine with you

Cheers,
Al "

Al, I gotta tell you... a Bazillion ain't what it used to be.

But, I'm pullin' for you.

Old 08-30-2008, 06:26 AM

983 posts, read 3,986,002 times
Just don't waste your $ going to the Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach. We went 4th of July weekend--it wasn't even a fourth full. There's only 2 decent roller coasters, 1 decent show, and a bunch of toddler rides. That's it. It's $50/person to get in, and the food is a rip off. My husband, 2 daughters, and I got 1 hamburger, 1 cheeseburger, a personal pan pizza (the girls shared it), and 4 drinks for $52!!!!!! And it was just "amusement park food"--nothing special, and not very good!

Old 09-04-2008, 10:12 AM

635 posts, read 3,091,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North_Raleigh_Guy View Post
I've never been to it, but isn't Emerald Pointe in Greensboro.
Ah, interesting, I didn't know about Emerald Pointe. Thank you.... see, I'm glad I checked out this thread

I still want a big amusement park HERE though

Al

Old 09-11-2008, 09:59 AM

67 posts, read 331,315 times
Thanks all. And I will surely stay away from Hard Rock Park. I will do some research on some of the others. I might go for Carowinds though. It's 3 hours drive, but as one of you said, I we will just get a early start and make it a day trip or overnight. It will be fun. My 9 year old son will enjoy it. But I am still open to more. Oh and yes I will check out Emerald Pointe's website to get more information. Thanks a lot guys. So sad that there isn't a big amusement park closer to Raleigh. We will just have to wait and see.

Old 09-12-2008, 05:54 AM

1,561 posts, read 5,156,321 times
good thread; i've been wondering the same thing. i'm lucky enough to be 50 minutes from a great Six Flags right now. i'm gonna miss the amusement park thing, but my fiancee hates them, so she's psyched...

Old 09-12-2008, 08:34 AM

767 posts, read 1,847,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kck69 View Post
Thanks all. And I will surely stay away from Hard Rock Park. I will do some research on some of the others. I might go for Carowinds though. It's 3 hours drive, but as one of you said, I we will just get a early start and make it a day trip or overnight. It will be fun. My 9 year old son will enjoy it. But I am still open to more. Oh and yes I will check out Emerald Pointe's website to get more information. Thanks a lot guys. So sad that there isn't a big amusement park closer to Raleigh. We will just have to wait and see.
We did Carowinds this summer and loved it! I thought it was great for our family...two kids age 6...and the fried chicken is fantastic. The water park was tons of fun...we had a great day. We had a coupon and got $10 off adult tickets...so our total for 4 was around $110...a deal for these places.

Old 09-12-2008, 06:54 PM

475 posts, read 1,304,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LRoyal10900 View Post
Just don't waste your $ going to the Hard Rock Park in Myrtle Beach. We went 4th of July weekend--it wasn't even a fourth full. There's only 2 decent roller coasters, 1 decent show, and a bunch of toddler rides. That's it. It's $50/person to get in, and the food is a rip off. My husband, 2 daughters, and I got 1 hamburger, 1 cheeseburger, a personal pan pizza (the girls shared it), and 4 drinks for $52!!!!!! And it was just "amusement park food"--nothing special, and not very good!
Ditto, my husband and I went there in mid July and it was a total bust. Save your money and head to Busch Gardens or Carowinds.

Old 09-18-2008, 11:38 AM

39 posts, read 125,837 times
Great Wolf Lodge is an indoor waterpark resort in Williamsburg, VA right next to Busch Gardens. We used to live in VA Beach, 45 minutes away and have been to Busch Gardens, Water Country, and Great Wolf Lodge more times than I could possible count. Great Wolf Lodge is pricey, but it is a great experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary