U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2008, 10:52 AM

22 posts, read 45,100 times

Advertisements

I am considering a move to Wake Forest. A major deciding factor is the schools. Can anyone give me feedback on he Wake Forest school system?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 11:16 AM

2,835 posts, read 6,810,381 times
Wake Forest follows the same schedule and curriculum as ALL the Wake County Schools. I don't have any experience with the WF Elementary schools. But do with the middle schools and High Schools, Heritage Middle is year round and a very nice school. I prefer it over the traditional WF/R Middle School. There is one WF/R High School that has some good programs, such as Drama Department.

School are like pits in peaches everyone has one. Some stick to the peach and some pop right out. School comparisons are similar to me. One can look at a school and think its great, because its new and fresh and a good reputation, but your child goes there and its not a match or in the case of the peach they are stuck to the pit! where an older school might not look good on the outside and have a bad rap but your child comes out each day like the non sticking peach pit. Its all relative.

So IMO Wake Forest schools are as good as other Wake County schools, one can take that as they want. I would also not have a problem with Leesville, or Cary schools either.

Forget to mention: Heritage High School will be coming online in Sept 2009! That will really help add educational classrooms to the WF area.

Wake Forest School System is the Wake County School System. They are one in the same. Public schools that is. there are also private schools to consider. My peach analogy holds true for them too!

Good luck and welcome to NC!

Old 12-17-2008, 05:33 PM

166 posts, read 378,795 times
so are the wake forest schools still shipping kids out to other schools or towns?

Old 12-17-2008, 09:18 PM

316 posts, read 934,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by guyL View Post
so are the wake forest schools still shipping kids out to other schools or towns?
Children in Wake Forest tend to go to schools in the general area....there are quite a few in small area (Wake Forest, Wakefield, Heritage).....there are some with a Wake Forest mailing address, but are not actually in Wake Forest that go to other schools. Remember it's possible to have a Wake Forest address and not even live in Wake County much less go to Wake County schools.

Wake Forest has experienced very little of the redistricting compared to other areas especially at the middle and high school level.

So I really have no idea what you mean by 'still'.

Old 12-18-2008, 12:08 AM

1,032 posts, read 3,204,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergeisnotmyname View Post
Children in Wake Forest tend to go to schools in the general area....there are quite a few in small area (Wake Forest, Wakefield, Heritage).....there are some with a Wake Forest mailing address, but are not actually in Wake Forest that go to other schools. Remember it's possible to have a Wake Forest address and not even live in Wake County much less go to Wake County schools.

Wake Forest has experienced very little of the redistricting compared to other areas especially at the middle and high school level.

So I really have no idea what you mean by 'still'.
We're getting hit hard in 2010-2011 - nearly 250 kids are being bussed to Wake Forest High from areas near the 440 Beltline and also at Capital Blvd./Millbrook Road areas. The WCPSS plan clearly states more free and reduced students are needed at WFRHS.
A very long ride for these students... at least 17 miles for the brentwood kids.. each way.... (not as far for the kids coming near Millbrook Capital)

Old 12-18-2008, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weluvwakeforest View Post
We're getting hit hard in 2010-2011 - nearly 250 kids are being bussed to Wake Forest High from areas near the 440 Beltline and also at Capital Blvd./Millbrook Road areas. The WCPSS plan clearly states more free and reduced students are needed at WFRHS.
A very long ride for these students... at least 17 miles for the brentwood kids.. each way.... (not as far for the kids coming near Millbrook Capital)
Wake County does have time limts for the amount of time a student is on the bus...unlike other surrounding counties. Time is more important then distance if you ask me.

So yes, we do have a new high school opening....yes, we will have some redistricting. I don't think that it has to be negative as a matter of course.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:36 PM

166 posts, read 378,795 times
I thought if you lived in wake you could get bussed out to others.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:38 PM

467 posts, read 1,656,725 times
no - county schools are county schools - there's no inter-county schooling.

Old 12-18-2008, 06:46 PM

5,265 posts, read 15,422,989 times
I'm assuming that since the OP has posted this they have come to the realization that there is no such thing as a "Wake Forest" school system and that it is part of Wake County school system right?

Old 12-18-2008, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'minformed2 View Post
I'm assuming that since the OP has posted this they have come to the realization that there is no such thing as a "Wake Forest" school system and that it is part of Wake County school system right?
I think that most folks learn that pretty quickly...however, there are the 'schools in the Wake Forest area'. If you are interested in Wake Forest, there is no need to really ask about schools in Apex or Cary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary